Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My Soon To Be Revised Pc!

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by adamp2p+1 December 2003 - 18:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 1 December 2003 - 18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@2 December 2003 - 00:07
    hey adamp2p, wat&#39;s ur aquamark score again? i just got a radeon 9600. my score is 20808. is that good or bad?
    That&#39;s good enough, abu. We are in no competition. I hope your new card plays your games and keeps you happy. Does the 9600 overclock to the speed of the 9600 pro? What kind of memory chips are on it and what does the small writing say. If you enter it I can tell you what cas latency you have.

It even says in the aquamark3 end screen that 20,000 and above will play the next generation games well. I would think you could score 30,000 with that card overclocked. [/b][/quote]
    i got the ATI made card, and theres on fans on the hsink.

btw, i know a lot about nvidia cards, so i don&#39;t know shit bout ati. how do u oc my card?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Whats a P/S?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+2 December 2003 - 02:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 2 December 2003 - 02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by adamp2p@1 December 2003 - 18:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @2 December 2003 - 00:07
    hey adamp2p, wat&#39;s ur aquamark score again? i just got a radeon 9600. my score is 20808. is that good or bad?

That&#39;s good enough, abu. We are in no competition. I hope your new card plays your games and keeps you happy. Does the 9600 overclock to the speed of the 9600 pro? What kind of memory chips are on it and what does the small writing say. If you enter it I can tell you what cas latency you have.

It even says in the aquamark3 end screen that 20,000 and above will play the next generation games well. I would think you could score 30,000 with that card overclocked.
    i got the ATI made card, and theres on fans on the hsink.

btw, i know a lot about nvidia cards, so i don&#39;t know shit bout ati. how do u oc my card? [/b][/quote]
    Abu, download the free Rage3d tweak utility here. Its free. After you install it, go to the control panel and you should see a tab called "overclocker."

If I were you I would not overclock your card beyond the 9600 pro speeds, as your ram modules probably will not be able to handle it and you will see some artifacting.

Good luck&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Originally posted by atiVidia+2 December 2003 - 01:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia &#064; 2 December 2003 - 01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HardcoreGamer@2 December 2003 - 00:11
    So what graphics card should I use?
    your pick:

both ati and nvidia are good

5700 ultra or 9600xt is what it comes down to

only difference between the two is slight performance loss on ATI&#39;s part, and high noise (not too bad) on nVidia&#39;s part

if you dont like noise, go to ATI

if you add noise for performance, go to nVidia

if you have money to burn, get an nvidia 5950 ultra, as it is quiet and better than the 9800 XT (be warned, both the 9800 xt and the 5950 ultra are 500 dollars&#33;&#33;&#33 [/b][/quote]
    I want you to show me ONE review that concludes that Nvidia is the leader in any benchmark that uses high AA and AF.

You can&#39;t. Sure, Nvidia can make a fast card...but as soon as you want to see a high quality picture at high resolution with AA and AF, Nvidia is owned, slapped, brusied, crying rape....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by atiVidia@1 December 2003 - 17:06
    oh yes, and that half i reffered to are not idiots or noobs. they build pcs for a living
    Of course they want retail and the accompanying warrenty.
    If there is a problem with a PC they built and sold they can shuffle it off on the manufacturer.
    If you are buying as the end user this may/may not be an advantage.
    I would think that it would then depend on the rep of the maker and the price differential between OEM and retail.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Originally posted by clocker+2 December 2003 - 03:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 2 December 2003 - 03:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@1 December 2003 - 17:06
    oh yes, and that half i reffered to are not idiots or noobs. they build pcs for a living
    Of course they want retail and the accompanying warrenty.
    If there is a problem with a PC they built and sold they can shuffle it off on the manufacturer.
    If you are buying as the end user this may/may not be an advantage.
    I would think that it would then depend on the rep of the maker and the price differential between OEM and retail. [/b][/quote]
    Well said.

When we are talking of a 25% price differential with an OEM, with an excellent piece of hardware and a manufacturer such as Sappire technologies, I would go OEM because I could tell within 30 days the quality of the card. If it was going to bust, I would know. It is that simple. Do a little stress testing. If it pops, return it.

Personally, I have a spiritual relationship with hardware. I can tell you, from 20 feet away how stable a piece of hardware. Some kinda voodoo, man...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Originally posted by adamp2p@1 December 2003 - 19:16

Personally, I have a spiritual relationship with hardware. I can tell you, from 20 feet away how stable a piece of hardware. Some kinda voodoo, man...
    Really?

How very useful.

My car has developed a little hitch in it&#39;s giddyap...what might that be?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Originally posted by clocker+2 December 2003 - 03:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 2 December 2003 - 03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@1 December 2003 - 19:16

Personally, I have a spiritual relationship with hardware.&nbsp; I can tell you, from 20 feet away how stable a piece of hardware.&nbsp; Some kinda voodoo, man... &nbsp;
    Really?

How very useful.

My car has developed a little hitch in it&#39;s giddyap...what might that be? [/b][/quote]
    I told ya&#39;--20 feet...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Where do you live?
    I could drive past you...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    lol.

I live in Los Angeles, Ca.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast