Thread: How Do I Burn 801mb File To 700mb Cdr?

It's a game......it's 801MB, it's a .bin file. I did the burn image, and it has the install and setup files on the disc now. This ok? Sorry, i'm a n00b at that kinda stuff.

2. Games   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Have you tried to play the game?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. Games   -   #3
    muchspl2
    you can burn it with nero, file-> burn image or for the newer nero 6 ultra edtion its recorder-> burn image

you don't have to burn it, look into deamon tool for mounting it, it saves cd's

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by ss87monte@2 December 2003 - 04:30
    It's a game......it's 801MB, it's a .bin file. I did the burn image, and it has the install and setup files on the disc now. This ok? Sorry, i'm a n00b at that kinda stuff.
    hey i had the exact same problem. but i burnt a 800+mb .BIN file to a 700mb cdrom. .BIN files are decompresed and extracted when you use a burning program specificaly for images. use nero or CDRWIN

5. Games   -   #5
    Use Alcohol 120%. click the on "burn image" icon. your game will be under 700MB if you use the "burn image" icon.

I use to compress my 700+ files to a RAR to fit on a CD waaaaay back when i was a n00b.

Then i found that images over 700MB are not really over 700MB when they are burned using the "burn image" option. if you try to burn it like data, then yes, it will be over 700MB

For some reason when the image was made. it ended up being over 700MB. for lack of a better explanation, lets just call the extra MB packing material.

Remember that the image you have was made from a CD that was only 700MB. but when making BINs, since they are multi track images, (ISO are single track and smaller) they end up larger than the CD they were taken from.

And Alcohol 120% won a head to head battle with clone CD. and Alcohol also has a drop down window right before you burn, that lets you chose what protection you want to use. look at the NFO for the type of protection, then add it in Alcohol before you burn.

If you dont have the NFO to find the type of protection , go here GameBurnWorld

6. Games   -   #6
    Everytime i've had a bin larger than 700 mb's, it will still burn onto a 700 mb disc flawlessly, should be fine.