Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anti-virus Programs?

DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    when fixing my opaserv problem i looked at the symantec website, its full of interesting and kinda pointless virus related crap
    but somewhere in there it said that opaserv was such a big problem they had teamed up with other major anti-virus developers to stop it
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Poster
    Just wanted to update an earlier post about Avast, it DOESN'T seem to work with the newest versions of K-Lite++. Got the blue screen every time I'd try to open up kazaa, had to close the anti-virus open Kazaa and restart the a/v. Just went back to the older version and it works fine. Looking through some posts it seems K++ has given a few people some dificulties for whatever reasons. ALSO, this damn win32/hantaner virus is driving me freakin' nuts, every 6 or 7 downloads seems to be infected. The databases say it's not so much terribly harmful, but it is really a pain in the arse, and seems to be everywhere.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Poster
    The best AntiVirus is Norton AntiVirus 2003 Professional Edition. No others compare it is the best.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    i use norton anti-virus.....

it's real good and it update almost every day

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    Thanks Rocktron for the link to housecall. I destroyed NAV 2001 disc, before seeing tip about uninstalling and reinstalling to restart subscription. I since downloaded NAV 2003. Used housecall to check NAV 2003 before installing. Found and cleaned one virus.

Cheers, OMC

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    I use Norton AV 2002 at the moment, i tried 2003 pro but it had conflicts with some of other programs i have on my pc.

But anyway, NORTON's the BEST as far as i know

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Originally posted by yti@23 March 2003 - 10:44
    I use Norton AV 2002 at the moment, i tried 2003 pro but it had conflicts with some of other programs i have on my pc.

But anyway, NORTON's the BEST as far as i know
    Conflicts? What kind of conflicts did you have?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    I have PCI PCTV installed on my computer for watching TV ( ) and whenever i have Norton 2003Pro and my PCTV viewing software running, the sound of PCTV completely disappears for some reason...

Norton 2002 dont seem to have this conflict though

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    I use PC cillin 2002 and it works great

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    My vote goes for NAV 2003 pro. There have been reports of people experiencing problems with installtion, but I have installed it on many systems and they all run great. It's fast, you hardly notice it.

And you people who talk about online scans, they do not offer auto-protection features. Real-time virus scanning is more important than anything.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast