Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longhorn To Sell For $1.58

Although early betas of Longhorn have been showing up on IRC and the Newsgroups for many months, brave marketers in Malaysia are also offering the operating system in public sale.

In a country well known for rampant piracy, such blatant sale of the operating system come as little surprise. If you're not Internet savvy enough to download the Operating System (OS) from IRC or the Newsgroups, that’s no problem. The OS sells for about $1.58, less than a cup of coffee from Star Bucks.

As P2Pnet.net points out, Microsoft representatives are quick to state that using the product can present problems for the home user.

"It's not a ready product," Microsoft lawyer Jonathan Selvasegaram told Reuters from Malaysia. "Even if it works for a while, I think it's very risky to install on a home computer."

Other than a curiosity piece, Microsoft Longhorn lacks the ability to be truly usable OS. Many current programs still incompatible (you thought XP was bad) while its stability remains questionable at best.

SOURCE

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster

$1.58!!!! rip off

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    $1.58!!!! rip off
    haha, classic...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Marius24@1 December 2003 - 19:34

$1.58!!!! rip off
    I'd rather spend it on coffee i've used longhorn, it's ok but not worth the money at present.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    $1.58 ?!!

That's too much money!

Who would even want to pay 1 cent for a buggy beta OS like Longhorn?!
    Beta testers aka guinea pigs?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    fawking 3rd world countries...always trying to beat the US and other contries....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@1 December 2003 - 15:13
    fawking 3rd world countries...always trying to beat the US and other contries....
    what u mean trying to beat? in what aspect?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Malasia a 3rd world country?

anyway TheFilePirater those third world countries have more sense than you yanks (j/k)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 December 2003 - 18:27
    "It's not a ready product," Microsoft lawyer Jonathan Selvasegaram told Reuters from Malaysia. "Even if it works for a while, I think it's very risky to install on a home computer."
    That's really good of him to say, because this remains true when the official version gets released too!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    You can buy DVD movies for about $1.00 (region 3 ) there. 50 cents if you buy more than 20. I would not call it a 3rd world country. They have laws for everything (smoking in public, chewing gum, littering) and they do love inforcing them. (Remember, the American teen who was sentence to be caned?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast