Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Isp Told Me To Stop Sharing!

My ISP called me the other day concerning my high-speed internet. I spoke to a rep and she said that my dl/ul were unusally high for a residential connection.
    I just got high speed in Oct. so I was itchin for dowloadin....Oct- 22gb dl/ul(kazaa lite only)....Nov- 57gb dl/ul ( BT and kazaa lite). She said that if I was using any kind of filesharing program, that I should turn of the sharing...also saying that apprx 22gb was an okay amount per month, but it was still in the high dl's. I asked if this was common and she said no its rare....so with that being said what should I do???

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    There must be a download and upload capacity set on your account. If there isnt then talk to your ISP. Btw, What the hell do you download?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@1 December 2003 - 18:05
    Btw, What the hell do you download?
    yeah.....what?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    I hit 45 gigs down and 35 up the first month I started using bittorrent. I went crazy,downloading at a steady 500kb/s and uploading at around 200-250 kb/s for about 10 days. Needless to say my ISP tried to cap me that month. I threatened to take my business elseware as they had nothing in writing saying that I had any type of limit and they reconnected me.I have since slowed down quite alot as I have pretty much downloaded everything I am interested in.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Do they charge you extra for more usage? will they disconnect you for it?

If the answer is no, fk em.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    who is your ISP

proud to be american

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well.....I download pretty much anything I can get my hands on. But I pretty much delete stuff to keep my 80gb hd in check....they said that I should go to their ummm....I don't know what its called but it keep track of how much you dl/ul.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    oh yeah my ISP is SHAW cable....I think its the only cable internet providers in my area...OHHHH CAAANNNAAADDDAAA!!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Double Agent
    shaw sucks

switch to telus with no monitoring and no limits

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Ask them what ur fkin limit si so that they cam STOP bithching, mine is 30GB dl and 7.5GB ul p/mo, and a 2GB daily dl max, they must state their terms somewhere those whiny fkin whores that they are...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast