Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tryed To Verify Dat File With Winrar Now Is Showsw

i was trying to verify a rar file through k dat and some how i chainger all the dat files to winrar the dat file is showing the colors of winrar.now every time i download a new file the dat file in my shared folder shows like its a winrar file how can i chaing them back eny help would be appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    when you tried to open that dat file it asked you what program you wanted to assoicate with it and you selected to use winrar. there was also a checkmark on there that stated if you always wanted to use this program for this types of files, you selected yes. To fix it you can delete a key in your registry. First make a backup of the key just in case you delete the wrong one or it does not work. Anyway go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dat and delete that key. Now *.dat files are not associated with anything. It should work fine. It has worked fine in some of my cases.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Right click on the file choose >>open with >>choose program, browse to the KLite folder,choose KPP,check "always use this program to open this kind of file" B)

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    hi firefox.thanks for the reply i whent to run regedit hkey_classes_root and deleted dat shut kazaalite down and nothing the dat files are the same it didnt work.eny other ideas.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    hi zazu.thanks for the reply iam a newbie so if you could give me a step by step that would be great thanks again

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by CLEARICE01@2 December 2003 - 05:01
    hi zazu.thanks for the reply iam a newbie so if you could give me a step by step that would be great thanks again
    go to your shared folder, right click on one of those dat files that show up as .rar file, then in the right clikc menu choose properties, once you open properties right there on the top it give you an options to choose what program to open it with, hit choose locate klite or browse to your "my computer>c: drive:program files>klite k++ folder>here choose kpp.exe to open it, then hit apply, hit ok and that should do the trick

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    hi musleman.thanks for the walkthrough it worked like a charm.thanks to all that helped out...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by CLEARICE01@2 December 2003 - 05:15
    hi musleman.thanks for the walkthrough it worked like a charm.thanks to all that helped out...
    that^^^ is for you firefox and ZaZu good job guys

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    musleman i know you will know this so i will ask you.ifound the post on this forum and tryed it out but it didnt workout.i want to see if the file iam downloading is real and its a exe.extention how can i do it.?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by CLEARICE01@2 December 2003 - 05:38
    musleman i know you will know this so i will ask you.ifound the post on this forum and tryed it out but it didnt workout.i want to see if the file iam downloading is real and its a exe.extention how can i do it.?
    emmm there is no way to test an exe without downlaoding it as far as i know boss,

sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast