Thread: Virtualdub No Longer Sees Codecs

Poster
    I just recently had to reinstall the codec pack (v2.21rc8) to remove the avi splitter (which keeps crashing windows explorer when an avi is being written in a folder it's open to. Paul: seriously consider removing it or having the option to install it unchecked by default&#33 and even after restarting and reinstalling it several times, VirtualDub still won't show any of the codecs that the pack installs. System information shows that all of the codecs are properly installed, and I can play files that use them, but I can't use VirtualDub to encode with any of them. Does anyone know what's wrong or how I can fix it? It would be greatly appreciated.
    :helpsmile:

Edit: Alright, reinstalling several dozen more times with different options each time finally got it to work right. I'm still really not sure why it did that though. And as for that avi splitter, I still say it shouldn't be checked by default, if it is included in the codec pack at all.

Oh, and thanks for all that help
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Its happen to me too mate,a few times.Re-installing the codec,has always solved it.

I havent got a clue why it happens thou mate.Maybe a small bug with virtual dub

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Forum Star
    avi splitter has already been removed in 2.21

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ck-uk@3 December 2003 - 13:51
    Maybe a small bug with virtual dub
    Yeah, I was thinking that's what it was. At least, that's my best guess.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Hey, I actually figured out what was wrong! It's not a problem with VirtualDub, it's a problem with the K-Lite Codec Pack installer! I found out that it happens whenever I uncheck 3ivx in the installation, so I'm quite certain that it's a bug in the installer of some sort.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Delete the followig registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\vidc.3ivx

If that key is empty then it causes this problem.