Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 South, 15 North

Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    I don't know if this happened or if it's an urban myth, but I've come across it many times over the years, you decide.

The following is the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation in October 1995, between a US Navy ship off the coast of England, and the British. The transcript was released by the MoD on 10/10/95.

BRITS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North, to avoid a collision

BRITS: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

BRITS: Negative. I say again. You will have to divert your course.

AMERICANS: (shouting) THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN. THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS, AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH. THAT'S 15 DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

BRITS: We are a lighthouse and we're not moving anywhere.

2. ** REGISTER to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Funny S**t   -   #2
    Please, Please. Let it be true.

ROFL

4. Funny S**t   -   #3
    That was good

5. Funny S**t   -   #4
    Poster
    Its a myth, heard it many times.

Last time it was the Americans & Canadians.
    With the Candians looking stupid.

Insert any country you like

6. Funny S**t   -   #5
    dj_afro_t
    Um... if you think it's the Brits (Canadians, whatever) that look stupid, I don't think you get the joke.

7. Funny S**t   -   #6
    Logan-Grimnar's Avatar Poster
    Yeah...it's the Americans who look stupid in this joke not the Brits...
    The Brits are telling the truth, they CAN'T move cause it's a lighthouse they're in....

8. Funny S**t   -   #7
    ahh, us Americans LOL... sure sounds like it!

9. Funny S**t   -   #8
    share4uk's Avatar London Clubber
    Ive heard this joke a few times over the years... Its great
    File Sharer by day... Raver at night...

10. Funny S**t   -   #9
    Everybody has their patsy.

I read an article in some Irish newspaper that put it somehting like this:\\

Europeans make fun of the French. The French make fun of the English. The English make fun of the Welsh. The Welsh make fun of the Irish. The Irish make fun of Irish people from County Kerry....

It could be said:

The world makes fun of Americans. Americans make fun of Midwesterners. Midwesterners make fun of Oklahomans. Oklahomans make fun of people from Talequah.

11. Funny S**t   -   #10
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    This is the transcript of the radio conversation of a British Naval ship and the Irish, off the coast of Kerry, Oct 95. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95:

IRISH: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

BRITISH: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

IRISH: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

BRITISH: This is the Captain of a British navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

IRISH: Negative. I say again, YOU will have to divert your course.

BRITISH: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER HMS BRITANNIA. THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE BRITISH ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS, AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT IS 15 DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

IRISH: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

This is how I was told it happened

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast