Thread: Audio Not In Synch

I've downloaded some mpeg music videos (HIM live at the Rock AM Ring 2001) and the audio isn't in synch with the video. I've got the Kazaa Lite codec pack, I've tried using VideoLAN, and I've tried using VirtulaDub but I get an error saying 'MPEG Import Filter: unexpected end of file'. Any ideas?

Thanks
    dsh

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    corrupt file
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by Azzz@3 December 2003 - 00:32
    corrupt file
    It's not just one file though, I've got about 5.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    could it be your computer have you tried playing a DVD or something to see if your computer is acting up on all type of video files
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Yeah, everything else works fine.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    The files might of all just been encoded badly and become corrupt. Unless off course your graphics card can't handle the files what kind of video card do you have new or old? Maybe it's just that those files have a high fps and the other videos you have been watching don't.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by dsh@2 December 2003 - 16:25
    I've tried using VirtulaDub but I get an error saying 'MPEG Import Filter: unexpected end of file'.
    I think there is a way to avoid that error. Open VDub, then click on File, then Open Video File. Check 'Ask for extended options after this dialog', then pick the video, then check 'Accept partial MPEG streams', then click OK.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@2 December 2003 - 23:28
    The files might of all just been encoded badly and become corrupt. Unless off course your graphics card can't handle the files what kind of video card do you have new or old? Maybe it's just that those files have a high fps and the other videos you have been watching don't.
    graphics card dont have ANYTHING to do with videos.....a video can play on a 2mb gfx card as well as on a 256mbddr card.....

video is 2D..... the memory you get in gfx card is mostly for 3D....as in games...

tsk tsk ignorance...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    BANNED
    Mate wmp & windvd are pretty good playing mpegs

Also make sure your system is up to playing them..like not runnin to many apps.

Windvd also supports hardware acceleration for mpegs,using the processing power of your g/fx card