Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compression

trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    wat is the best compression utility ? eg.winrar,winip,winzap?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by trajillo@3 December 2003 - 08:37
    wat is the best compression utility ? eg.winrar,winip,winzap?
    well jetje would tell you to extract a .rar with winzip but don't listen to him, as far as which one is better "uharc" is a good one

uharc gui

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Mate you'd be better of just using the common ones like winrar,zip,ace..they'll do

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    For me winzip is the best, user friendly.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Winzip - nice UI
    Winrar/Winace - fairly nice UI, good compression
    7-Zip - best compression, ugly UI
    UHARC - haven't tried this myself, but i do know its compression is very good, don't know how it compares with 7-zip though

i just stick to WinRAR, because as compression improves the time it takes is longer
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    jetje's Avatar former star
    there are several good programs just use the one you like most and that does the trick for you. It's a lot about which flavor you like most.

oh and musly i think you need glasses "boss" cause
    Originally posted by musly man
    well jetje would tell you to extract a .rar with winzip but don't listen to him
    i never said or suggest that. Guess that's just your imagination cause you can't seem to admit when someone else is right about a thing.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by jetje+3 December 2003 - 09:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 3 December 2003 - 09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> there are several good programs just use the one you like most and that does the trick for you. It&#39;s a lot about which flavor you like most.

oh and musly i think you need glasses "boss" cause <!--QuoteBegin-musly man

well jetje would tell you to extract a .rar with winzip but don&#39;t listen to him
    i never said or suggest that. Guess that&#39;s just your imagination cause you can&#39;t seem to admit when someone else is right about a thing. [/b][/quote]
    you are not going to make me put up a link are you jee jee, man up to what you said, in a post when a person had a .rar file, in response to muchspl2 response of "I wonder why he gave the other tools when winrar is clearly the best, strange"

you said "cause winzip still is a good proggie"

now incase you don&#39;t read threads, its about a .rar and you are saying that winzip is a good proggie, next winrar.

now for armatures like yourself maybe, but would not know one person here that would recomment winzip for a .rar file

now go ahead and yap away about your intel and amd

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    ok jee jee i don&#39;t have time to waist on you any more jee jee, ever body knows winrar is better than winzip so you go and play with your toys and don&#39;t worry your little head about these things

as for your advise, why don&#39;t you just do your job and let me worry about me

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    What ever the issue is musleman,your attitude stinks mate,big time.

Dont bother repling back with any abusive comments(to me anyway),plz&#33;..it&#39;ll be a waste of time mate.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    jetje's Avatar former star
    place the link if you want winzip does do *.rar too, same as winrar and your UHARC does zip. It&#39;s all about flavors..... ( i never told you what i&#39;m using myself)
    Winzip doesn&#39;t suck as you said (see the link you gonna post after me posted this) that&#39;s just not true. For some people winzip is easy to use and more then enough.

Guess you think you know it all, well fact is you know shit about these tools and you just post here what you hear or read what others tell, and declare in here you knew all.
    My guess you even never have installed UHARC yourself, you just read about it somewhere on the net when you where googling to outsmart me, and come and bring us the good news as it was your own.
    Just like your standard advice "you need to jump supernodes", right yeah

Fact is you brought my name in this topic, which is bashing imo. Just because i spoke out against you in that other topic, but hell yeah i almost forget you are the MUSLEMAN.....

oh and that your fighting me has nothing to do with the zip thing but is because i told you about that answering of questions that already are answered, you just can&#39;t stand when someone tells you the truth (this ain&#39;t the 1st time musle). Reply what you want, i know i&#39;m right.
    I leave this topic cause it makes no sense to lock this too because of you disagreeing me, when deep in your heart you know that i&#39;m right&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast