Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celine Dion Cd

KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    I can't burn any music from the Celine Dion CD. It says "Windows Media Player cannot play 1.cda files" How do you play these kind of CD's, you know the ones that are copy protected with a strong protection.

It says on the front of the CD "will not play on PC/MAC"

but there must be a way...

2. Music   -   #2
    BANNED
    why would u want th play her cd peroid its probibly copy protected and because of it u can't play it on the computer

3. Music   -   #3
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    get a black marker and colour in the bottom of the cd.
    the j-lo remix album had this kind of protection and it works fine in my pc now.
    also try holding down shift when you insert the cd, and then use cd-ex to rip the cd. or clone cd to make a 1:1 copy.

4. Music   -   #4
    Use Easy CD-DA extractor to rip that record of Celine Dion.

5. Music   -   #5
    internet.news
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@5 December 2003 - 00:04
    I can't burn any music from the Celine Dion CD. It says "Windows Media Player cannot play 1.cda files" How do you play these kind of CD's, you know the ones that are copy protected with a strong protection.

It says on the front of the CD "will not play on PC/MAC"

but there must be a way...
    There are some cracks out there which should destroy the copy protection so
    you can rip off the CD

Look on Audiogalaxy.com, I saw some article in their forum or search on
    google.com

6. Music   -   #6
    get a black marker and colour in the bottom of the cd.
    the j-lo remix album had this kind of protection and it works fine in my pc now.
    also try holding down shift when you insert the cd, and then use cd-ex to rip the cd. or clone cd to make a 1:1 copy.
    err... about the black marker thing... are you joking

I tried holding down shift but it didn't work... I also used cd-ex but I found it crap and hard to use. I tried to extract a track but it said you don't have any tracks selected?? I don't want clone cd because I have an MP3 player and I want to extract the music and convert it to MP3.

Use Easy CD-DA extractor to rip that record of Celine Dion.
    What version?? Does it work under XP because in the past I had problems...

Look on Audiogalaxy.com, I saw some article in their forum or search on
    google.com
    But what should I search for... I just want to know how to destroy copy protections like these...

7. Music   -   #7
    Here you go... I found this article about the CD I have of Celine Dion

It's not hard to believe that the voice of Canadian diva Celine Dion might shatter glass--but will it crash your computer?

That's the word from Sony Music Entertainment, the owner of Dion label Epic/Sony, which released a copy-protected version of her new album, "A New Day has Come," in Europe. The discs--Sony doesn't call them CDs--include a label warning consumers that they aren't meant to be used with either PCs or Macs.

That said, people who insert them into their computer drives may run into problems, a Sony representative said Thursday.

"It's possible that after you read the warning and decide to put it in anyway, it could crash your computer," the representative said, noting that the discs have been released only in Europe.

The discs are protected against digital copying using Key2Audio technology developed by the Sony DADC unit. The representative said Sony has released some 70 copy-protected albums in Europe but referred further questions about those releases to colleagues in Europe. A representative at the company's London office was not immediately available for comment.

Sony's copy-protection plans come as many record labels experiment with a variety of technologies aimed at preventing consumers from producing unlimited digital copies of CDs and making them available for repeated copying online. The efforts have sparked a consumer backlash as well as complaints from some lawmakers and CD technology owners.

Consumer-electronics giant Philips Electronics has complained that discs incorporating copy protection are not technically CDs--a contention that played into Sony's decision not to include the CD logo on the Dion disc, according to Sony.

Companies that provide such technology include Macrovision, SunnComm and Midbar Tech.

Universal Music Group, BMG Entertainment and Warner Music Group have all tapped Midbar's technology to lock up the ordinary audio files on discs. Those experiments have led to clashes with consumers over glitches with the discs and certain hardware configurations. Last November, for example, BMG agreed to replace a popular Natalie Imbruglia disc that used Midbar's technology after consumer complaints.

Despite some glitches, Midbar says it has released some 10 million discs with its copy-protection technology into stores.

Most of the copy-protection experiments to date have taken place in Europe, although some experiments have recently drawn negative attention elsewhere.

MusicCity Records, Fahrenheit Entertainment and digital rights management company SunnComm in February agreed to settle a lawsuit over the album "Charley Pride: A Tribute to Jim Reeves," the first known copy-protected album released in the United States. According to the settlement, the companies agreed to stop tracking listener habits and to warn consumers that the CD is not compatible with MP3 and other players.

Universal also released at least one copy-protected album in the United States, a soundtrack based on "The Fast and the Furious," a drag-racing movie.
    It did crash my computer and I tried to install ASPI drivers because when I first extracted the music, it had no sound and when I installed ASPI driver, my CD-R refused to even open the tray. No light, no worky

I managed to fix it but there must be a way to crack that CD

8. Music   -   #8
    Double Agent
    who told you to buy the cd in the first place?

to quote President Bush "If you are not with us, you are against us" lol

boycott the music industry by not buy their music disks in stores, download them on soulseek or bittorrent.

Independent labels have also voiced concerns that drastic measures such as putting in cd-copy protection and suing file swapper are NOT good for business.

only purchase cds from independent music labels if musicans sell them, not via RIAA

9. Music   -   #9
    It's not mine it's my sisters. When I saw "Will not work on PC/MAC" on the front of the CD I thought "I want to see if it can be broken and I am trying right now very hard but it seems this one cd has one the battle. However, I don't think it stand a chance against Clone CD.

Anyone know how to rip out the tracks from this copy-protected cd.

10. Music   -   #10
    Double Agent
    you need to find out what kind of protection you have on the cd, use clonyxxx to do that

once you know , then use alcohol 120% to dumb the cd image to ur hdd with the couter-protection on, then burn it to cd or mount it on the computer using daemon-tools

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast