what is the correct way to respond to a man with a long beard, torn clothes, and smells a bit like piss when he asks you:
"Do you have any change?"
possible reactions are:
- reach into your pockets and dig out change
- politely answer 'no', even if you do have some
- ignore them and walk away
- pick them up and take them to a local food dispensary and buy them something
- give them a quick lesson in Darwin's Theory of Evolution and why you believe its their own problem
my instinctual response is to say no (usually because its true, cheap i am), so i can just walk away quickly
what is the morally/economically/socially correct thing to do?