Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: My Full Review On Www.anonx.com

Does using the proxy slow down your speeds at all?

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    So you know I asked similar Questions to their TechSupport (yes I did find the email thankyou), they said that they didn't keep any logs at all with

"**One expection**
    We will monitor a log in attempt upon a customer's request because of problem.
    Just the log in attempt nothing more. As soon as the problem is solved we
    deleted all the records of the log in attempts."

and

"E-mails are deleted as soon as questions are anwsered
    and problems solved. We do NOT track customer traffic at anytime for any
    reason!!!"

I'll be extra paranoid for a second here, is there any chance that this could be a front for an anti-p2p company, I would say only the more security consious sharers will use this, ie-KL++ users and the 'harder' (but by no means impossible) to catch. Wouldn't this be a good way to get em'.
    When you sign up do you sign any kind of legal contract etc etc, which would make it impossible for this to be the case?
    And the fact that they are so open in emails?, wouldn't this get them in trouble in a legal guy pretending to be a user asked these same questions?
    Just a paranoid point, hopefully this is as good as it sounds.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    What if this company are really the RIAA and they have set this up to trap p2p'ers??

Becareful of who you trust.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I just use a proxy in IE (its free and relatively fast ). It suits me fine. I think it keeps me fairly anonymous (although I'm not sure whether this effects P2P apps...) and since my ISP don't seem too against filesharing I don't really need anything better.

As far as I know you have to keep some sort of records and no doubt the RIAA or MPAA could force them to start tracking connections (and / or use court action to shut them down) although Anonx might contact their customers warning them if this were to happen.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Double Agent
    just to give you some idea of speed

this is a screen shot of the bt client sharing with the proxy ON, note i've taken the file names off for obvious reason and the tracker for the first torrent is down at the moment.

the upload speed is running at top speed i've limited : 30kB/s

download speed: pretty amazing but can go even faster if the first tracker were working..

all of these torrents are relatively new releases and some of them movies

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Sek:Are you sure proxy's need to keep logs?, and does anyone know how this logs thing works as they have proxy's based across several countries?, does this mean that some proxy's dependant on the country in which they are based would require longer logs than others?, or is it entirely based on the country in which the company is registered?, in which case, if Bond is right, anyone know the logging rules for proxy's in Switzerland?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by IWishAnon2609@4 December 2003 - 17:22
    Sek:Are you sure proxy's need to keep logs?, and does anyone know how this logs thing works as they have proxy's based across several countries?, does this mean that some proxy's dependant on the country in which they are based would require longer logs than others?, or is it entirely based on the country in which the company is registered?, in which case, if Bond is right, anyone know the logging rules for proxy's in Switzerland?
    does anybody read my entire first post?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Double Agent
    this is from the founder of anonx.com him/herself

"James,

This is the founder and an owner of AnonX. We are not RIAA/MPAA or
    anyway affiliated with them. Let me give you the brief history of AnonX
    to sooth your concerns.

I worked as the IT Director for an ISP that provided Internet bandwidth
    to several college dorms. My department was bombarded with request by
    Sony and others to turn over the names of college students who where
    sharing 2-3 songs and a movie. They wanted us to perform the equivalent
    of a wire tape without a court order. Plus Sony demanded that we turn
    OFF our "guilty" customers. What company in America dictates the
    customers another company can services? None! Let me qualify the next
    statement by saying I am for up holding the law. RIAA/MPAA/SONY/Others
    (Watch Dogs) are abusing their powers generously granted to them from the
    US Congress. The Watch Dogs were playing big brother in my opinion
    infringing on individual rights. The Watch Dogs coupled with the fact that
    other anonymous proxies are not a complete service lead me to
    developing AnonX.

The primary problems with other proxy services are low bandwidth, very
    centralized, and useful for only a select group of ports and protocols.
    I have made a commitment to large amounts of bandwidth and many/many
    servers around the world, and as you have seen all ports all protocols
    all the time.

If you or your P2P friends have anymore questions please ask.

-----
    Thanks for your business,
    Owner of AnonX"

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Hi to All,

James Bond asked me to chat with the klboard forum about AnonX and Internet privacy. I am the founder of AnonX. AnonX's Mission statement is to protect the identity and privacy of web users for all types of traffic.

In the last three years our rights to surf/download/share/etc have been compromise. Congress has generously given power to RIAA and others to police copyright material. I was the IT Director of an ISP that provided Internet services to private dorms. I was bombarded with request from Sony to shut off students and turn the "guilty student" over to Sony for sharing 2-3 songs and a movie. When my former company tried to ignore Sony they demanded that we use whatever tools necessary to find these individuals, turn them off, and give Sony their personal information. I support this country and I believe in following the law. With AnonX I found a way to keep the letter of the law and protect web users rights to privacy.

If anyone has questions regarding the privacy laws or AnonX service. I will be glad to answers them.

---Thanks

PS.

James - Your connection is compressed and encrypted. Your bandwidth measurements especially with web traffic will be skewed. AnonX allocates 1.5Mbs per customer. You may exceed this bandwidth if it is avaivable, but you are allocate 1.5 Mbs. The encryption does not slow down the connection. The Array of servers used are the best on the plant.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Originally posted by AnonXO@4 December 2003 - 12:42
    Hi to All,

James Bond asked me to chat with the klboard forum about AnonX and Internet privacy. I am the founder of AnonX. AnonX's Mission statement is to protect the identity and privacy of web users for all types of traffic.

If anyone has questions regarding the privacy laws or AnonX service. I will be glad to answers them.

---Thanks

Nice to meet you, please keep in mind we are but a bunch of paranoid nutjobs...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast