Thread: Dvd Burner Q's

I've got a few questions about getting a DVD burner...

1) How long does the normal DVD burner take to burn, say, a 650MB .avi movie?

2) Quality = if the movie opens on computer, in a small screen, and enlarging the screen kills the quality, will this have an affect if i do burn it, seeing as that the tiny screen is about 100 times smaller than my TV screen?

3) Lastly, is it worth getting one?

thanks.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    1: you have to convert to the movie apx: 2-3 hrs then the burn process takes 30min (2.4x) or 15 minutes (4x)

2: THE QAULITY WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN THE ORGINAL SOURCE!!!

3: YES! i have the memorex 4x dvd burner i use it all the time for screeners and dvd rips.

EDIT: stole/borrowed thefilepiraters answer (ironic eh?)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Rock Tonic Juice Magic@3 December 2003 - 19:13
    2: It depends on how good you convert it.
    man dont talk unless u know....

to answer your #2 question..... for example you got a dvd rip..... if u play it in ur tv itll be just FINE because the resolution of a computer is WAY much higher than a tv.... at least a regular tv

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    1.)rock tonic answered it
    2.) THE QAULITY WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN THE ORGINAL SOURCE!!!

3.)unles your dvd player does play DVD-R, then its mainly data backup, remember that only dvd-rom's reconize the dvd-r...i cannot stress enought MAKE SURE YOUR DVD PLAYER SUPPORTS DVD-R!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by opivykid@4 December 2003 - 02:10
    3) Lastly, is it worth getting one?

Well it really depends were you live it's best getting one that burns cds and dvds. Because dvds discs can cost a lot up to about $5-$7 depending in which country you live. Thats why you need one were you can burn normal cd-r because then you can use your cd burner part of it too burn simple vcds / svcds / music etc. . . but then if you feel like going down to your local blockbuster store and renting a dvd or ps2 / xbox game you can use your dvd burner B) .

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    So, say if I had the 650MB .avi movie, would it be any easyer/better in terms of quality, speed (my cd burner burns at 48x), and whatnot, if I had a DVD burner insted of just using my cd burner?