I was hoping one of the other people would be able to do this but they had problems with kazaa so I started late last week. Here's the finished product.
klr.exe for kmd 2.6.0
don't download the source code unless you understand assembly language
It'll probably crash in kernel32.dll if you use Win95/98/ME. (Technical info, don't ask what it means) The reason is probably because it sets up its own exception handler using the temp stack and an exception occurs. Windows only seems to support setting up exception handlers on the real stack. It crashes when loading one DLL (ends in OSS.DLL, and could be spyware, or the DLL after it).
I'll fix it if any Windows 2000/XP user is having this problem.
* Install KMD 2.6.0 (you need kazaa.exe and a few registry keys)
* Copy klr.exe to same folder as kazaa.exe (usually in "C:\Program Files\Kazaa")
* Double-click klr.exe instead of kazaa.exe to start it
Enhanced features in no particular order
* Starts faster and uses less memory
* No unnecessary DLLs loaded
* Unlimited search mores
* Unlimited number of search tabs
* No loading of Gator spyware
* You can block any site you wish in your HOSTS file
* PL is set to 1000
Anyone wanting to get rid of all ad links (not cd_clint.dll since it's gone) can unpack kazaa and change the resource section with ResHacker, or you can block all ad links in your HOSTS file.
That is all.
MD5 sum of Kazaa.exe 2.6.0:
MD5 (kazaa.exe) = 0c722b3aefd621788582a024cf30703a