Thread: I Can't See The Movie I Just Burn

I just encodeit hulk cd1, hulk cd2 with this cool little program TMPGEnc.
    I did my burning with thru VCD nero6.0 , and use my regular cdrw, I Can't see the movie in my dvd, I could see it in my laptop thru VideoLan. but NOT in my tv.

I have two question 1- if is my dvd mintek wich is old and probably not capable of supporting vcd. Cant you recommend a devise the would take just about anything. eventough I played a VCD that I bought in the fleamarket and it looks Good..?

Question 2-If I burn in a regular blank dvd instead of a regular cd would this fix my problem and i so what specific blank dvd I should Buy and from where if could recomend any, I check ebay and they have like 3 diffrent ones..... Thank you in advanced

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    only saw one that didn't have vcd support, whats the model #
    better yet check this site, it list what it should be able to do
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVD...+&Search=Search

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Even if your DVD Player supports VCD it needs to support cd-r, cd-rw or whatever medium you are burning onto. If your dvd player doesn't support those it's time to get a new one or watch them on your computer .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@4 December 2003 - 18:48
    Even if your DVD Player supports VCD it needs to support cd-r, cd-rw or whatever medium you are burning onto. If your dvd player doesn't support those it's time to get a new one or watch them on your computer .
    does not compute

how do you make a vcd/svcd without burning it on a cdr/cdrw

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Seems more of a hardware question, moving there........
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by muchspl2+4 December 2003 - 18:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 4 December 2003 - 18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ma5t3rM1nD@4 December 2003 - 18:48
    Even if your DVD Player supports VCD it needs to support cd-r, cd-rw or whatever medium you are burning onto. If your dvd player doesn&#39;t support those it&#39;s time to get a new one or watch them on your computer&nbsp; .
    does not compute

how do you make a vcd/svcd without burning it on a cdr/cdrw [/b][/quote]
    You can buy actual VCDs, I own a couple anime VCD&#39;s I ordered from Japan back before DVD&#39;s started up.

I think many countries went to VCD before DVD, unlike us in the U.S who went straight from VHS to DVD.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"