Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Again?

Maybe it would be easier to like, take the motherboard out and then put the side panel back on and then put a texture in the fan hole of the motherboard holder thingy and just draw the circle on the side panel and then when you take it of, you know exactly where you have to make the hole for the fan.

(sorry , thats the best i can explain it)

Of course you may "steal" any and all of the ideas that you find useful. That is why I post them and how could I stop you anyway?
    Thanks, i just have a habbit of asking because then i dont feel like i have stolen your idea.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well, it's not really my idea.
    Thank Bob the Alien.

Your method of transferring the outline of he fan will work obviously, but does your sidepanel slide on?
    Mine does, so I have to have some room around the fan for the screen screws to clear or I can't slide the panel into place...

Edit: If you actually go ahead and try this, please let me know how it works out for you...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    OK i forgot about the sliding panel

Been a while since my pc has had the panels on lol.

OK what if somehow it was possible to have the fan have way in the motherboard plate like this.

It might leave JUST enough room for the panel to slide on and if your lucky and the motherboard MIGHT not be in the way.

Might have to get the ruler out and check

If this way works, when the panel is on it should give a nice flush look and can put one of those grills on.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    How do you hold the fan in place?
    You could make some brackets I suppose...

My mobo only sits about 1/4-5/16" off the mounting panel anyway.

I'm not sure that's a real good idea anyway, you want the fan some distance from the board so the air can blow around back there.

Edit: What's your CPU temp run as it is now?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Right now, its at around 48 C. Its a bit hot for a 1.3Ghz duron i suppose but im just using standard HSF.

I dont know what temp my Chipset is at but its pretty hot that if i leave my finger on it it really burns.

. I have a fan but their is a damn capacitor in the way so im going to look for one that fits.

Dont really want to move the capacitor.

My mobo only sits about 1/4-5/16" off the mounting panel anyway.

I'm not sure that's a real good idea anyway, you want the fan some distance from the board so the air can blow around back there.
    Damn their always is something isnt their

Might have to experiment on one of my old atx cases and snap in a blown motherboard just to figure it out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    If your fan is too close you'll get backpressure and the fan won't work too well.

I'd like to space my mobo out some, but then my heatsink will foul the two intake fans. I could move them over a bit .... wait a minute, this is getting ridiculous.

Your temp is running 48C and you don't have the side panels on?
    You may need more than one fan...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    So, clocker, did you find that it putting cooling on the back of the mobo, decrease heat allot, or very little.

When I suggested it, I really wasn't for sure, if it would decrease the heat too much or not.

I actually think I go with the grill idea with the fans behind the mobo, on my sub box project.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    nice work clocker! very nice work. go post ur pics on forums.extremeoverclocking.com. see wat they say bout ur case. i'd say not bad at all. nice cable flu. might work a bit on the air tunnel things (forgot the real name), they're kinda blocking the view, and do u really need all of them?

but nice work dude. how much $ did u spend on this piece of shit, i mean beauty? lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@4 December 2003 - 20:11
    Atividia you have no right to tell him what to do, board noob.  I like his case AND his orange fans.  Loooks very nice...I also like how it is all angled toward the CPU.

Clocker- is that heatsink and fan good?  Does it keep you CPU very cool?
    i ASKED him if he could stop did i tell him to stop?

NO!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Once you start though, you can never stop; it's almost as bad as a heroin addiction.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast