Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Program For Effects

is there a program where i can take a movie i record in the camcorder and edit in on my computer that would have effects seen in movies like terminator, or somethin like that? specail effects in the hollywood movies that i can personally use? cause i want to make a movie so bad but i cant do it the way i want to cause i dont know of a program that i can do specail effects into a movie, can someone please help me?

thanks,
    dee

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thnx i will try this, from what i read i cant wait to get it, what kinds of things can i actually do? could i like do a erie scene and make a person look like an angel or ghost and make them dissapear? it said somethin like that, or flowing water, and lava and fog this sounds great ne one used this before?

Dee

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yeah, you can do these kind of things with Adobe After Effects but it does have its limitations too! If you need more flexibility and power, you would have to get into discreet combustion 3 or something like that.

combustion 3

Their product is a top-notch professional video and effects editing suite! But the price on this one is pretty top-notch too!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    http://www.creativecow.net

has really good tutorials for After Effects/ Combustion and others...... Really good effects...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Isn't combustion for 3d though (like for use with 3ds max)? If not, is it sort of like after effects (but better?)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by mojo2185@7 December 2003 - 03:06
    Isn't combustion for 3d though (like for use with 3ds max)? If not, is it sort of like after effects (but better?)
    No, combustion does not have anything to do with 3ds max. There are many links in combustion that make it easy for you to incorporate stuff from 3ds max into your projects. It is basically a high-end video editing, compositing and effects software, like After Effects but much more powerful!

When you render a T-Rex animation in 3ds max, you would use combustion to place that animation in actual video footage, add effects like ground shaking and color corrections to it. It also allows you to add layers with transparencies (for example for text) and do all kinds of blue screening techniques.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    any 1 have a hash or can someone tell me if there is a legit one on kazaa? ty

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by skatantihero@8 December 2003 - 03:51
    any 1 have a hash or can someone tell me if there is a legit one on kazaa? ty
    I have not seen a real copy of combustion 3 on Kazaa. I recently downloaded the new, full version 3 from SuprNova.org. But I am sure you can find it on eMule too.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I have not seen a real copy of combustion 3 on Kazaa. I recently downloaded the new, full version 3 from SuprNova.org. But I am sure you can find it on eMule too.
    Could you please list the filesize? I found one at SuprNova as well, but it was only 60mb... and that sounded kind of small for a program like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast