Thread: Speeds Are Different On 2 Pc's

We have 2 computers in our home, 1 athlon 1800XP+ and one Pentium 2.4ghz which we now use for internet. Before yesterday I used the athlon for internet and kazaa was downloading at an average speed of 100 kb/s, now after installing the pentium for internet (so we don't use the athlon for internet anymore) my average download speed is not even 10 kb/s. I've looked at the settings and it seems nothing is different, except the port number i use, but since kazaa gives you this number i didn't changed it. My question now is, is the difference in speed because of the port number or is there another reason?
    Thx, xack.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I think it is something else(but i don't know what )
    Why don't you install your Athlon PC again. It works on that right?
    Or download netpeeker then you can check every program that use's the internet. So you can check if your speed is really slow or a program is using it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by xackitt@5 December 2003 - 09:52
    We have 2 computers in our home, 1 athlon 1800XP+ and one Pentium 2.4ghz which we now use for internet. Before yesterday I used the athlon for internet and kazaa was downloading at an average speed of 100 kb/s, now after installing the pentium for internet (so we don't use the athlon for internet anymore) my average download speed is not even 10 kb/s. I've looked at the settings and it seems nothing is different, except the port number i use, but since kazaa gives you this number i didn't changed it. My question now is, is the difference in speed because of the port number or is there another reason?
    Thx, xack.
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

disable port 1214 and use anything over 3500 please