Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirc

After reading some posts I decided to give mirc a try.
    Trying to download my first movie and it works for a short while and stops transfering.

status says recieving file, incomplete

I keep having to resume it but it keeps on happening.

I'v downloaded up to 200mb so far but have had to resume this atleast twenty times already.

Anyone know what might be wrong or does this normally happen??

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    try another server and see if you still got the problem.... The problem doesn't have to be on your side

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Yeah mate its best to find another source.Some servers set limits with there files.to stop slow connections hogging the bandwith an time.Also such as if you leave the channel.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Cheers guys,

So if I am using ircspy I can stil use that site but just try a different source? Will it resume with a different source or should I overwrite?

I have noticed aswell that it comes up in red writing pack bandwidth limit 40kb/s when I am actually downloading faster at some points!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Yes mate you can still use ircspy and others like packet news.Just choose another file.As long as it matches exactly it'll resume,otherwise it'll start a new download.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanx mate, will give it a try and see what happens!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    i have been hearing that through Mirc one can download rare movies/files and also download them faster. For this reason i got it installed on my PC and realized it is in chat room form. How does one get file of his choice? must i demand the file/movie from people in the chat room before getting one? I will appreciate any advice.
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    muchspl2
    yes mirc is based on the earliest form of the Internet
    called irc or Internet Relay Chat
    and you need to go where people or serving the file
    http://www.ircspy.com
    http://www.packetnews.com
    http://www.xgoogle.com
    look arounf for a pinned topic on how to setup mirc then you only need to click on the file you want the mirc will open up then you just ctrl+v (paste) in the channel and you will soon see why people use it

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Agamalizard@5 December 2003 - 15:15
    i have been hearing that through Mirc one can download rare movies/files and also download them faster. For this reason i got it installed on my PC and realized it is in chat room form. How does one get file of his choice? must i demand the file/movie from people in the chat room before getting one? I will appreciate any advice.
    Noob IRC Help. A written guide, very simple and easy to understand, check the thread and learn more.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Al bundy ..my hero

Krackhead i&#39;ve linked you to my sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast