Thread: Linux Help

I just got linux the last version and burn it on cd images with nero.
    Then i clicked install and said i have to reboot.I did , then nothing happened
    i had win xp , now that cpu wont start it's rebooting when i turn on the cpu(after it loads windows)
    I will reinstall, but thats not the prolem
    The problem is with Linux
    How can i install it ?

Thank you very much

Adrian
    having fun with girls - thats all about my friend

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    what version of linux where you trying to install?

generally you have to change the boot sequence in your bios to boot from the cd-rom first. hold down del when you start you computer to get into the bios settings.

i dont understand how you can start your cpu after windows has booted
    and why you were double clicking an executable in windows to install linux.

your best bet is to find the officail site of the version you want to install and grab the howto for installing of the site.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I have the last one 9.sumting
    i downloaded from a site that gaved u a choice to buy cd and have technical prob. acces or just download linux

I know how to do all that shit with cmos setting but i didnt try to install it from DOs(i dont know why, i should have done that before)

The think with that from windows: i put my Cd in , autorun starts . I have a menu instal linux create floppy and all that shit. i clicked install.It asked me to restart my cpu after lcik ok. i click ok , syatem restarted then in windows nothing happened. I dont know if u understand cuz i just starting to learn english

Ill go and to that shit right now

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    dude linux has a lot of different distributions.... like mandrake, suse, redhat, debian, etc.....

www.linuxiso.org

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    there are many versions of linux and all of them are different. there are plenty of version 9.0's out there not just the one, but im guessing red hat.

I have never heard of a version you could install by double clicking an icon in windows. installing in dos is not an option either because linux uses its of shell.

you should do a bit of reading before you install linux.

http://www.tldp.org/ has loads of guides on installing and bootloaders which you should really read. they have also been translated so hopefully you can find a version in your own language.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I have mandrake
    by Dos i mean when u restart cpu and then the MS dos
    I got it now i just didnt do it from there like windows
    ok thx man