Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Good Is Kotor?

Ive heard alot of good things about kotor but the fighting system sounds kinda.... not as good as Jedi Knight 2 was (that was bitchin) Is it still cool? I hear its turn based but i dunno how that would work with a game like starwars.

2. Games   -   #2
    well, it's one of the best RPGs ever made.
    I played through it 3 times.
    There is just so much replay value.

3. Games   -   #3
    How exactly does the battle system work then? FF style or what. Im downloading anyways for the graphics alone, they are da koolest

4. Games   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by x_gimpg@5 December 2003 - 18:45
    Ive heard alot of good things about kotor but the fighting system sounds kinda.... not as good as Jedi Knight 2 was (that was bitchin) Is it still cool? I hear its turn based but i dunno how that would work with a game like starwars.
    dude, rpgs are different from go in and kill everyone games. its so much more story based. kotor is the best rpg of this year. ff is the only rpg game that can compare to it's power. jedi knight 2 and jk academy are 1st/3rd person shooters. the point is to go in and kill everyone. kotor's point is to progress in a story and control the lure of the dark side, or just become dark all together, like me. lol

5. Games   -   #5
    I actually like that better in some ways, FF was pretty kool. So, is it open world or mission or.. Anymore pro's/con's/ details

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by x_gimpg@5 December 2003 - 23:45
    Please don't compare an RPG's gameplay to a FPS like that

7. Games   -   #7
    Well i was jumping to conclusions, heh. Ill have it in 20 minutes so ill see i guess

8. Games   -   #8
    it's a great game. fps is mindless kill and kill some more. rpgs are more thought and reason

9. Games   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power, that 2.4c... i thought they could be overclocked to like 3.2 ghz? (i'll copy the article i got it from if you like) On the topic of KOTOR, i really cannot wait to get this game, i've chosen to wait until i upgrade to a AMD 2600+ xp, and a radeon 9600 XT before i actually play it... i feel playing the game with limited graphics on a Pentium 3 [1GHZ], and a geforce 4 mx will limit the experience. Should be great when i eventually do play it though!

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@6 December 2003 - 00:56
    abu_has_the_power, that 2.4c... i thought they could be overclocked to like 3.2 ghz? (i'll copy the article i got it from if you like) On the topic of KOTOR, i really cannot wait to get this game, i've chosen to wait until i upgrade to a AMD 2600+ xp, and a radeon 9600 XT before i actually play it... i feel playing the game with limited graphics on a Pentium 3 [1GHZ], and a geforce 4 mx will limit the experience. Should be great when i eventually do play it though!
    yea. a p3 will have some trouble with this. it's an amazing game with mindblowing graphx

now, for my 2.4c, yes, with good ram, and if i change my fsb:ram ratio, i can go up to at least 4.0 ghz to 4.5 ghz with peltiers or wc. rite now, i'm running stock hs and fan, and i don't need something that high yet. and my ram sucks too. it's some cheap infineon (made by samsung) ram that won't let my set my clock speed to higher than 233. arg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast