Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9600 Pro

Hmm, i was reading about the 9600 pro, and on many occasions people said that it does not run games like BF1942, neverwinter nights, and other games. Is this jsut on the individuals cards, or is this a unfixable problem with the card. I also heard that between the Geforce 5200 and 9600 pro, although the 9600 is more powerful, the 5200 will make you much more satisfied because of its high compatiblity to many many games

Plz respond
    -TiMz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Um...the 9600 pro is much better..i duno about the games though. Almost every game is compatible with both cards.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    once again, another wasted thread on a vid card...

ITS WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
    you decide it!! we cant tell you wat the best card is...B/C THERE IS NO BEST CARD!!!!!!!!!! ......its a matter of wat you play...like your not gonna want a 512mb radeon 999999 if your just gonna play pong

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Timz@5 December 2003 - 16:48
    Hmm, i was reading about the 9600 pro, and on many occasions people said that it does not run games like BF1942, neverwinter nights, and other games.
    i've never heard this. prolly just a problem with people using bad driver releases-- there's no reason why the card should be incompatible.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 00:52

ITS WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
    you decide it!! we cant tell you wat the best card is...B/C THERE IS NO BEST CARD!!!!!!!!!! ......its a matter of wat you play...like your not gonna want a 512mb radeon 999999 if your just gonna play pong
    file, do you have something against ppl and posting about vid card? in almost all vid card thread, all i see you do is flame at the person who started the thread.
    oh and what is it w/ you and using that "pong game" anology.

as for the question. if i were you, i get the 9600 pro . i dont think that there is ne compatibility issues. my friend has one and he make me want chuck my mx440 off a bridge playing bf1942. but if you are afriad then get a 9600 non pro. much cheaper and still a lot better then fx5200.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@5 December 2003 - 19:52

ITS WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
    you decide it!! we cant tell you wat the best card is...B/C THERE IS NO BEST CARD!!!!!!!!!! :
    Indeed there isnt a best card, there is only a best suited card.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    between the 9600pro and a 5200 the 9600pro is gonna perform better in games...if u want an nvidea card that compares to it then ur looking at the 5600 or more likey the 5600ultra

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lol no raiser, im just tired of seeing people ask the most retarded question ever

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    hey the driver thing is no joke, make sure you have the correct drivers, and don't let windows install it's drivers... they are non combatible with bf1942 and other things, i had that runnin, install of the 9600 is alittle harder if you have win Xp, otherwaise it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than a Geforce that it is not even comprehendably funny...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@6 December 2003 - 02:41
    lol no raiser, im just tired of seeing people ask the most retarded question ever
    no but seriously why "pong"? and not something like tetris of something. hmmm i know pong is one of the few games release waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then but "pong"???????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast