Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Threads,unacceptable!

I was looking for a thread I posted on which centered on "white people forming their own group". The thread did degenerate into some name calling, but I posted some sincere material and attempted to be constructive on that thread.

The thread is now gone, as are several others, I have noticed. I agree with locking threads which have gone astray and have become flaming wars, but to delete the thread is unacceptable censorship.

I will not remain here if this persists. I understand the rules of conduct, as most do, no need to erase a thread because individual losers derail a discussion.

You can delete individual threads with an explanation given, but to delete the whole thread is unacceptable.

I cannot stress how strongly I feel about this. Threads must stop disappearing without explanation.

More people will leave because they feel censored than people who would leave because they have been offended.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    BANNED
    On the board I help run, we have a mod index, this tells admin what actions individual mods have taken. I'd like to see the stats on this forum, I think the same names will be popping up next to these actions. I know I have my own mod here, just for me, who follows me around deleting posts in case someone should get upset at any innocuous remark I may make, always anonymously tho.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I must agree with Hobbes on this one, i don`t frequent many forums, but i do enjoy this one as i like to see topics posted on different subjects, surely we are all "adult" enough to "censor" what we want to/don`t want to see?
    If i don`t like the look of a topic heading, i don`t look.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by Board Rules
    1. All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable. Posts may be editted by the administrators and moderators if the post violates the board rules.
    Actually We dont delete threads, however We sometimes move threads to Our trashcan (only staff can see this forum) for "any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable"

BOT

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by &#091;B+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (&#091;B)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [O][T],6 December 2003 - 07:43]<!--QuoteBegin-Board Rules
    1. All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable. Posts may be editted by the administrators and moderators if the post violates the board rules.

Actually We dont delete threads, however We sometimes move threads to Our trashcan (only staff can see this forum) for "any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable"

BOT
    [/quote]
    Maybe you should stop trying be be my mother and let adults discuss controversial subjects.

Sure, idiots will intervene, but despite this, individuals can only grow when they openly are allowed to discuss controversial subjects.

In the thread I was referring to, a poster said to me "I found your post enlightening.....". That is what a forum is all about. Well, that is erased now.

Why not just lock the thread and explain why?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I feel strongly about this as you hobbes.
    I messaged a mod about deleted threads.....when I noticed ones that I
    wanted to reply to or read were missing.

I was told that sometimes mod&#39;s delete threads they consider spam.
    What is spam in the lounge?

As hobbes mentioned if it becomes to heated..... then lock the thread.
    But to completley erase what is written is wrong.

Post in threads are written conversations amongst friends....members
    and yes sometimes even enemies

They are thoughts in so many kb&#39;s.....that we share with each other
    because we choose to share.

In good or bad taste .........being without bodies in this web that we weave
    to create the internet......all we have is our words.

Peace brotherdoobie

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    What a tangled web we&#39;ve weaved??&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    @ hobbes, oh ya &#33;&#33; Perhap&#39;s you should start a pole, to see how strongly, some of us feel about that?

8. Lounge   -   #8

9. Lounge   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by protak@6 December 2003 - 02:52
    indeed.

Peace brotherdoobie

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by protak@6 December 2003 - 08:52
    No Protak,

It is rather simple. Leave the forum alone. Any act of censorship will have more adverse effect on the forum than leaving a thread be.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast