Thread: Bin Files...

I cant seem to access the FAQ so im sorry to ask it here but Ive downloaded 3cds worth of Unreal tourney 2003 - the first one is a bin.exe file whilst the other two are simply bin files. Do I have to convert these? If so is there a seperate prog i have to run? And once I convert how do I have to use any special settings to copy to new CDs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    THANKS in advance1

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    rename the bin.exe to just .bin and see it that works, your option :

1:extract the bin with winrar or winiso and look for the setup folder

2: mount them using daemon tools (this optioin is by far the fastest, easiest, and recommended by the author of this post)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    muchspl2
    if you got them off kazaa you need to run them through cdmage to fix the errors

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    and run a Virus Scan on them because in my experiance files that have 2 Extentions at the end are nearly always Virus's.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks guys - viewed the double extention (bin.exe) using Winiso and it looks like the right package - doesnt appear to have any viruses on board....lets see!

cheers

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    In order to burn bin files you shuld really have the *.cue files as well. You may have noticed that a bin file is often too big to fit on a CD. If you have the cue files then this isn't a problem because your CD recording software will extract the necessary data and do it automatically. Do the following:

1 Get the cue files (I can't help you on this one)
    2 Put the cue file and the bin file in the same directory
    3 Open your CD burning program and go to the part where you burn an image. Select the cue file

You could always extract the individual files and burn them but I think the bin files contain important CD file system stuff (you'll need to have a perfect copy to bypass copy protection).

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ThePlasticSurgeon@6 December 2003 - 16:39
    In order to burn bin files you shuld really have the *.cue files as well. You may have noticed that a bin file is often too big to fit on a CD. If you have the cue files then this isn't a problem because your CD recording software will extract the necessary data and do it automatically. Do the following:

1 Get the cue files (I can't help you on this one)
    2 Put the cue file and the bin file in the same directory
    3 Open your CD burning program and go to the part where you burn an image. Select the cue file

You could always extract the individual files and burn them but I think the bin files contain important CD file system stuff (you'll need to have a perfect copy to bypass copy protection).
    no need for the cue, it takes 2 secondes and i mean 2 seconds to change bin to iso using winiso then you can just burn the iso

on top of that it takes 4 seconds to make a cue for the bin

and lets not forget that there are very limited time that you accualy need to burn a cd anyways

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I personally just use Diskjuggler (discjuggler?) to burn .bin's... but u can use nero or a sleu of other programs....
    or if u have the hdd space, do as 'MUSLEMAN' said... mount it as a virtual drive using daemon tools