Thread: Quake2-doesnt Work On Win Me ?

Poster
    I got quake 2 from kazaa. It was a self extractor file. after extracting it, in a folder called data i found a file called quake2.exe. it ran ok but when i tried to start a game it said that i needed to insert the quake 2 cd. when i opened a setup file in a folder called install, it said "this version of quake2 will not run on this language version of Windows 95/NT.
    does this mean that it wont work on win ME?
    any ideas on how i can get it to work?

2. Games   -   #2
    Only in a Processor.
    hmm....have you tried to switch the compatability....right click on the shortcut to the game, and go to properties. You should've d/ed a image, to prevent this problem.
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

3. Games   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I remember having trouble getting that game to work, but it was so long ago I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. If it's the one I downloaded, I think the directory structure was screwed up. I know I had to move and rename some folders to get it to work. This is how it should look...

There is no need to install anything. Just copy the folders from the archive to your hard drive so they're in this order. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try sharing my copy of the game on Suprnova in the next few days.