Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cd-writer

Poster
    Originally posted by vegeta@15 February 2003 - 06:29
    but which is the best company of all
    PLEXTOR is the best!

I have burned-out 2 "other brands" of burners in my lifetime, but Plextor is the KING of burners and I am still burning with it.

Here's why!
    A Plextor can copy a CD that is copy-protected (as long as you buffer it as an image to the hard drive first). Use the Plextor as the SOURCE and BURNER. A Plextor can read those very weak sectors, and read those intentional errors used for copy protection, then burn those too. Make EXACT copies!

I have averaged one "CD-coaster", per 40 CDs. Not too shabby, eh? Especially when a bad disk is usually human error.

Also, Plextor supports VERIREC, which allows you to increase or decrease the LASER-burning intensity. So if your cheap CD player in your automobile has a problem playing CDs, the VERIREC is your answer.

You can over-burn with a PLEXTOR.

I make legal backups of my store-bought playstation disks with the Plextor. (however, I do have a mod chip for the PSX, back when I used the cheap burner).

One Last Note: Use PRINCO brand disks. Great for making VCDs. I noticed most other cheap off-brands, will burn, but can't play in a VCD player. Your home DVD player, that is in your living, room can play VCDs and probably mp3 files too!

2. Lounge   -   #12
    lite on.......cheap and good

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    I use HP writers. Never had a problem in years

4. Lounge   -   #14
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Bah, it doesn't matter what brand you buy(I've seen them all break down). These days they are all cheap anyways(50-100$, including Sony&#33.
    I wouldn't suggest Yamaha(though they are good), because they just announced that they will stop making them in March of this year. http://www.global.yamaha.com/news/20030205.html
    So, getting support and warrant service will be a problem.

p.s. just because it may be branded as such, it was probably manufactured by someone else. buy what you can afford!

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    ACER is the best!!, Plextor pfttt, Liteon HAHAHAH

6. Lounge   -   #16
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by vegeta@14 February 2003 - 15:51
    What Do You'll Think which is the best CD-WRITER to buy plz include model number.
    How long is a piece of string?
    I use a LG 4120b DVD combo. Its always done the trick for me be it psx,audio,data,(s)vcd and of course all my PS2 divx discs

7. Lounge   -   #17
    One Last Note: Use PRINCO brand disks. Great for making VCDs. I noticed most other cheap off-brands, will burn, but can't play in a VCD player. Your home DVD player, that is in your living, room can play VCDs and probably mp3 files too!

i use princo only

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12