Thread: Downloading Problems

Hi guys,

I recently started using my kazaa lite again it's version 2.10.I don't have a whole lot of experience with Kazaa but the downloading problems i'm having are really starting to get on my nerves.I recently got cable so I thought I'd be able to download most files at really high speed but for some reason most of them are downloading at 2,3, or 5kb.Occasionaly a file might download at 20 or so KB but no where near the expected(at least i thought) high download speed like 100KB etc.Could anyone plese give me some ideas on what could be the problem and if it has something to do with my settings etc.

As if that's not a big enough piss off,a lot of the files are also not starting at all.When they try to start downloading in the traffic screen they usually say 'finding more sources" or "remote queued" and most just won't start at all and I end up just cancelling them.

Does anyone please have any advice so I can regain a bit of my sanity?

Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    go to this website and look for klite2.4.3e

and remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll give it a go and get back to you.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I forgot to ask.

Should I remove my old kazaa before installing the 2.43 and does it contain spyware?

I also still have some unfinished downloads,is it possible to import them to the new kazaa or not,thankyou?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Old Fella
    No version of KLite has spyware (only KMD) but should uninstall and reinstall (make back up of partial downloads then transfer them back in to Shared Folder - they will work fine)