Thread: Intel Celeron

I want to buuy Max Payne 2 but the system specs for the game are 1Ghz p3/athlon or 1,2 Ghz celeron. my computer still has a 702 MHz celeron processor.
    is it still possible to play the game? without having to turn of everything in the game to make it playable.
    thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    celerons are shit prossesers. i doubt you will be able to play the game

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I wouldnt try it.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    i would doubt you could run it..... you need a good computer since the gfx are pretty neat...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Kunal@7 December 2003 - 12:08
    celerons are shit prossesers. i doubt you will be able to play the game
    Actually, I must disagree with you. I have a Celeron 2.0GHz processor, and it lives up to my expectations with games, software and whatever. I find that thats a false image that is given to everyone, that Celeron's are crap, I actually played Max Payne 2 on a Celeron.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by topdogz401@7 December 2003 - 17:34
    I have a Celeron 2.0GHz processor, and it lives up to my expectations with games, software and whatever. I find that thats a false image that is given to everyone, that Celeron's are crap, I actually played Max Payne 2 on a Celeron.
    well compare one to a athlon of a similar speed and the athlon would beat it left right and center (they are similar prices also), they also have very little cache. my mate played max payne 2 on his 1.1ghz athlon with 32mb graphics

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I can play games like Gta 3 and vice city but they don't run smoothly. I've played the first max payne so I want to play it smoothly. I also tried to download it from kazaa but after it took me about a month it turned out to be corrupt and not fixable

but I see you're talking about a 2,0 GHz tpdog but I have 702 MHz. that's a difference right? so It looks like I won't buy it....