Thread: Can I Pause A Download On Bt?

The best thing about K-lite is that I can pause a download whenever i want, switch off the PC and continue it 2 weeks later, and it'll still work.

Can i do the same on BT? can i pause a download, switch off my PC, then resume it the next time i get on?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    works with ABC. I believe you need the torrent file to resume, could be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    it wouldn't be a great p2p if you couldn't resume - Lindorez's Bittorrent Guide covers this, please read the stickies before asking questions

How to resume downloads: To resume you just click on the original torrent file that you saved to your hard disc, choose the exact same folder that you started saving the file to originally. Once Bittorent begins, instead of creating a new file you will see the client checking the original file. Then it should continue downloading as normal.
    some clients allow you to resume in the old fashing style, such as ABC and Azureus
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Originally posted by Will_518@7 December 2003 - 12:27
    The best thing about K-lite is that I can pause a download whenever i want, switch off the PC and continue it 2 weeks later, and it'll still work.

Can i do the same on BT? can i pause a download, switch off my PC, then resume it the next time i get on?
    Whats up with this pausing and then shutting down, I've heard this mentioned before. I've never paused any downloads before closing, and not had any problems resuming.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Try downloading Torrentstorm. I just started using it but it works great, allows you to start multiple downloads in one window and allows automatic resume of files.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Just right-click the file you found on Novasearch and "save as" before you download it.

Start downloading that file from that save folder...
    You can close and resume it that way at any time!

Works for me..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rocktron@7 December 2003 - 17:58
    Just right-click the file you found on Novasearch and "save as" before you download it.

Start downloading that file from that save folder...
    You can close and resume it that way at any time!

Works for me.. 
    That's what I do as well. Save the actual torrent into a directory. When the file is complete I just delete the torrent. They are only 28K.