Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How Rich Are You?

Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+13 December 2003 - 14:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 13 December 2003 - 14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@7 December 2003 - 20:39
    What a stupid site.

It asks what my income is, not how much I&#39;ve got.

So for instance income= £1m, expenditure >£1m so I am not rich. Cash in bank = £1m so I am rich. But it only asks for income.

that&#39;s not how it works

you have 1 million, spend 1 million on stuff..., you have less than 1 million&#39;s worth or stuff. Not rich? nah

It&#39;s just a measurement of richness for ur income, the rate u make per hour.

however that doesn&#39;t mean a person making 100 dollars/hour is any richer than a person having 100 million dollars in a bank and not have a job [/b][/quote]
    when judging how "rich" someone is, demographics comes in to play.

take your guy that makes a hundred bucks an hour...sounds rich right? what if he resides in beverly hills - now he&#39;s a poor boy.

you can&#39;t judge how rich someone is simply by plugging in what you make per year.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Double Agent
    lol why would i wanna live in beverly hills? lol

but u got a point there

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    This site is interesting and an eye opener. I think we all take our cosy, comfortable lives for granted. The fact even a student (i was one) is richer than most people in the world makes you think of the plight of others elsewhere.

I consider myself to be very ambitious (possible millionaire by end of next year - hoping ), I wonder how much i will care for the plight of the billions of poor people when i&#39;m indulging myself in my fortune (if i achieve it that is ).

I just feel grateful to have the opportunity to make a success of my life, but sad it is denied to billions of people in the third world.

So, theres a lesson for you all. Be ambitious, make something of your lives, you dont realise just how lucky you are to have that opportunity until you come across a site like this.

Robert00000

4. Lounge   -   #34
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Robert00000@14 December 2003 - 01:58
    This site is interesting and an eye opener. I think we all take our cosy, comfortable lives for granted. The fact even a student (i was one) is richer than most people in the world makes you think of the plight of others elsewhere.

I consider myself to be very ambitious (possible millionaire by end of next year - hoping ), I wonder how much i will care for the plight of the billions of poor people when i&#39;m indulging myself in my fortune (if i achieve it that is ).

I just feel grateful to have the opportunity to make a success of my life, but sad it is denied to billions of people in the third world.

So, theres a lesson for you all. Be ambitious, make something of your lives, you dont realise just how lucky you are to have that opportunity until you come across a site like this.

I take it Robert that you are worth a bob or two? Why dont you spread it around amongst the poor students and the occasional pensioner with the same name.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    You are in the top 91.96% richest people in the world.
    There are 481,927,710 people poorer than you.
    How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour&#39;s salary (approx &#036;0.13)

Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 5,518,072,290 richest person in the world.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    What is up with everybody saying "Poor Student" all the time.

Why are you worse off then somebody who is not in School for something?

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    You are in the top 0.9% richest people in the world.
    There are 5,945,970,635 people poorer than you.
    How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour&#39;s salary (approx £20.83)

Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 54,029,365 richest person in the world.

I don&#39;t feel like donating anything...

8. Lounge   -   #38
    £20.83
    : what do you do?&#33;

If you can&#39;t donate anything, there&#39;s always Hungersite.com where it&#39;s free and paid for by advertisers for each click on the button. It&#39;s quite well known around the world.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    just checked - im still poor
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234