Thread: Pci Card

99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Two or three years ago, I purchased the starter kit for home networking and internet sharing from Farallon-Homeline. It came with a CD and two PCI cards. It connects two PC's to the internet through your home phone lines, no extra wiring to run, simple. It was an easy install, I used it for my wife"s and my computer and it works perfectly. My problem now is, I want to hook up a third computer to this system but I can't find another PCI card. I know there are several other ways to accomplish this, but I already paid for this one and I'm happy with it, so I'd just like information on where I can buy another PCI card. I would be happy with a used PCI card if a new one isn't available.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by 99shassan@7 December 2003 - 17:52
    Two or three years ago, I purchased the starter kit for home networking and internet sharing from Farallon-Homeline. It came with a CD and two PCI cards. It connects two PC's to the internet through your home phone lines, no extra wiring to run, simple. It was an easy install, I used it for my wife"s and my computer and it works perfectly. My problem now is, I want to hook up a third computer to this system but I can't find another PCI card. I know there are several other ways to accomplish this, but I already paid for this one and I'm happy with it, so I'd just like information on where I can buy another PCI card. I would be happy with a used PCI card if a new one isn't available.
    pci card? Thats not what gets you online. I think you mean a ethernet or wireless pci card in your pci slot on your box. Just buy another, there not that expensive unless you need a wireless one they can range from 60 to 80 bucks at a regular store.

Ethernet cards you could get brand new for 15 to 20 bucks, maybe even 5 or 10 with a rebate. Other than that you need to have one of thoose to get that other pc online.

And you were a little vague in your post so If I misunderstood or something dont hesitate to correct me.

Good Luck

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    go to officemax and check their ads. they usually sell 10/100 mbs network pci cards for free