Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Newbie Gets The Runaround

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Ok, time to close this thread.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Ex-member
    Yeah - there are about six pins. It would also be difficult to test the battery interface, because it's right inside the laptop - although I guess I could try opening it up.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Lamsey@8 December 2003 - 02:32
    In response to the idea about trying the batteries out at the shop: would be ideal, but I don't know of anywhere that sells these batteries ove rthe counter - it seems to be a specific type I need which I can only get by mail order.

The code on the battery is BTP-43D1.
    Well Lamsey, allow me to suggest the miracle that is Google

This is a known fact - Type in any unique ID code and you're likely to find it (unless two seperate items have exactly the same code ). The reason for this is that there are 101 different ID coding formats all over the place so the numbers of unique codes are endless

i.e. Type in "BTP-43D1" and you're likely to get solely information on that part. Maybe even where to get it

I'm at college right now so I'm not sure whether it will or not, but it's worth a try

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i think the £350 for that crap is becuz of licensed windows if not then i get 10 time better pc with it.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Just so you're aware, there's also a BTP-48D1 available which is NiMh rather than Li-ion. It's obviously a lot heavier, but it's also a lot cheaper.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Illuminati@8 December 2003 - 11:44
    Wow... I never thought of that.

[/sarcasm]

@Lynx: I saw that one, but wouldn't it have a much shorter life because it uses NiMh?

@bawa: If you can find me a working laptop with better specs for less than £400 then I'll be very impressed. I'd also like to see a PC that is ten times better than this one.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I'd just like to stick up for some Ebay electronics traders, my brother is one and is extremley good and fair at what he does, he is a power seller

It's sad that you got screwed Lamsey, wherever there is a system, there is someone who will attempt to abuse it, or screw people over through it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Lamsey+8 December 2003 - 19:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 8 December 2003 - 19:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@8 December 2003 - 11:44
    Wow... I never thought of that.

[/sarcasm] [/b][/quote]
    Well you can&#39;t have looked far, because there&#39;s plenty of retailers when you search for the battery&#39;s code

Google Search for "BTP-43D1"

Oops - Saw that you were looking for a retailer rather than mail order :"> But it was still a valid point

Cheapest I&#39;ve found it is £116.33 (£99 + VAT) here.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    BTP-43D1 - 4000mAh.
    BTP-48D1 - 4500mAh.

I&#39;m pretty sure they have to make them approximately the same rating because of the charger characteristics.

Doesn&#39;t help in finding out whether it&#39;s the battery unfortunately.

You could try calling Acer on 0870 9002237 to find a local reseller. Then call in and explain the problem, they may have a used one in stock to try to diagnose the problem. If it&#39;s the battery, you can always look horrified when you find out the price (and you probably will be when you find out the reseller price).

Or try Comcal (Scotland) Ltd on 0141 332 5147 or Home Page
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    @Lamsey
    u live in UK mybe there 2nd hand computer r expensive but here in UAE u get a pIII 1.0for 80&#036; with good Hardware Spec.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast