Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shareaza

i am actually using shareaza to download max payne 2, im downloading as sick speeds, right now im at 200 Kilo-Bytes per second, not bad considering is a 1.4gig .torrent.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    muchspl2
    gods knows why I have this crusade against shareaza, but if you had shadows client it would be even faster, check the bittorrent section on getting the best speeds from bittorrent, that is directed for anyone that only uses it for torrents

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by Mudvayne@9 December 2003 - 21:09
    One thing is true there are less fakes and the music has better quality.
    Amen, that is the main reason why I have stopped using Kazza Lite, is the fact that there are so many corrupt and fake files. I never had a problem with corruption with Shareaza ever since I used it around May and I have been very happy with it (except for the very poor eDonkey support).

I use mIRC for downloading huge applications and games and Shareaza for music and small applications. And finally, warez if I'm really desperate.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    Shareaza isn't too much slower the K-lite IMO, but when you have to download five or ten files from K-lite to get a good one, Shareaza is much faster.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Well, IMO Shereaza has the following excellent features:

1. Multiple network support: Not only G2 (which is very good, actually), but also G1, ed2k, and BT. You have access to a lot of stuff thru one client.

2. Verified D/Ls: In other words, NO FAKES!

3. Lots of results in searches: As a result of point (1).

The speed is NOT its strong point, since most D/Ls are thru ed2k which is pathetically slow. When you D/L thru other networks however, speed is not an issue.

In brief: Shereaza seems to be the primary choice at this moment, with K-Lite coming second. Yet, as far as I am concerned, I still use both.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@15 December 2003 - 05:49
    gods knows why I have this crusade against shareaza, but if you had shadows client it would be even faster, check the bittorrent section on getting the best speeds from bittorrent, that is directed for anyone that only uses it for torrents
    Actually, in the newest 1.9 betas Shareaza should be faster than any of the BT-only clients. Shareaza hashes the torrent in sha1, tiger tree, and ed2k so it can thoretically swarm off of all four networks if the files can be found on them. so even if the tracker is down, there should be sources; again, if the file is on any other networks.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    i though i never say this but shareaza is the best right Now for downloading movies and games but kazaalite is a over excelleant program. One reason why shareaza is good is because you connect to bittorent which is excellent then you got other networks to connect to but the only thing wrong with shareaza is that its kind of slow but most of the time i get half or all my speed B)

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    synphul
    I have to agree with Cotton.. shareaza is sucking major ass. The concept is great, but since the upgrade to 1.8.10.2, it's worse than kmd (not k++). It connects to the networks ok, but try finding sources that don't leave you in a perpetual state of 'pending'. There's plenty of fakes on raza, and hardly anyone has their browse or preview features on..a good tool (to preview files before download) if it were actually used. As for verification, i've had to turn tigertree and verifications off because it keeps downloading the same 12mb's over and over..ditching portions of the download it has concluded are 'corrupt'. IMO, isn't that the purpose of tigertree/sha1 hashing? to prevent that crap? In any case, despite the fact k++ is a little more harsh on resources than raza, i went to k++ and downloaded the same file in 2 days that raza's been screwing with for a month. Even 'failed' files on k++ often turn out to be ok. Also ended up going to k++ to find an older version of raza since it apparently couldn't come up with it on a network where the install is included as a shared file by default. Only conclusions i could come up with were 1: no one's online, 2: no one's sharing, 3: the search feature isn't working. Either way you look at it, crappy for filesharing.

-synphul

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    I have to agree with Cotton.. shareaza is sucking major ass. The concept is great, but since the upgrade to 1.8.10.2, it's worse than kmd (not k++). It connects to the networks ok, but try finding sources that don't leave you in a perpetual state of 'pending'. There's plenty of fakes on raza, and hardly anyone has their browse or preview features on..a good tool (to preview files before download) if it were actually used. As for verification, i've had to turn tigertree and verifications off because it keeps downloading the same 12mb's over and over..ditching portions of the download it has concluded are 'corrupt'. IMO, isn't that the purpose of tigertree/sha1 hashing? to prevent that crap? In any case, despite the fact k++ is a little more harsh on resources than raza, i went to k++ and downloaded the same file in 2 days that raza's been screwing with for a month. Even 'failed' files on k++ often turn out to be ok. Also ended up going to k++ to find an older version of raza since it apparently couldn't come up with it on a network where the install is included as a shared file by default. Only conclusions i could come up with were 1: no one's online, 2: no one's sharing, 3: the search feature isn't working. Either way you look at it, crappy for filesharing.

-synphul
    People turn off their browsing feature so the Riaa can't browse their files, which means that there is less of a chance of getting caught, although there is already a signifigantly less chance of getting caught already compared to FT. Or if they have many files, the browsing feature will swamp their connections and slow down other transfers in progress.
    Shareaza kept on download that 12MB piece because Tiger Tree found a different hash than what you asked for, so it'll keep on downloading it until you get the right piece. that's the point of hashing more than the first 500Kb of a file like kazaa does. you could try to forget all the sources then find more sources again or just forget that one source.
    There are about 180,000 people online on the Gnutella network (not all searchable), 90,000 people online on the Gnutella2 network (all searchable) and 1.5 million people online on the eDonkey2000 network (all searchable). Compared to fasttrack, shareaza does have much larger reach, as kazaa only searches around 8000 nodes per search. Kazaa also does not support queueing, partial file sharing, and altsource meshes (unless they do now), which means it is very outdated amongst newer networks. remember, Fasttrack was built aorund the same time as Gnutella and was modeled over Gnutella, the oldest decentralized P2P network (that actually works). The reason you don't get queued up in kazaa is because their is no such thing as queues. and i have have gotten way more sources than i have ever gotten with kazaa on shareaza, my record is 40,000; swarmed from all 4 networks, maxing out my connection at 170KB/s. it all depends on what your looking for though too. obviously, you're going to find faster downloads for popular files and visa versa for rare files.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    BANNED
    i only use it for torrent files and i have gotten 1.5 mbps of speed on it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast