Thread: Test Viewing My Own Post Format

mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Is there a method whereby I can view what my Post would look like (including Avatar and Signatures) when I want to edit or change my Avatar or Signature without it being published and seen by others?
    Thanks
    mrlessk

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    There is no such function here. However you could always to the following:

1 Get a free lycos* web hosting account here.
    2 Download Invison Power Board ansd install it** on your webspace
    3 Change your avatar (at your forum) and make some posts

*Lycos displays sidebars with advertisements from google.
    **For more info on installing this check the included documentation

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for your reply TPS,

I accidently stumbled on a simple solution to my question.....by adding or updating my Avatar and/or Signature, then going to one of my old posts or replies, that post or reply is automatically updated with my new info and I was able to preview the changes that way without it being published.

lol...this is so simple there must be something wrong with it that I have not discovered yet.

Thanks,
    mrlessk :newyear:

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by mrlessk@8 December 2003 - 18:10
    Thanks for your reply TPS,

I accidently stumbled on a simple solution to my question.....by adding or updating my Avatar and/or Signature, then going to one of my old posts or replies, that post or reply is automatically updated with my new info and I was able to preview the changes that way without it being published.

lol...this is so simple there must be something wrong with it that I have not discovered yet.

Thanks,
    mrlessk :newyear:
    maby the fact that if u can see ur old posts with the new sig and avatar then everybody else can 2?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@8 December 2003 - 12:37

maby the fact that if u can see ur old posts with the new sig and avatar then everybody else can 2?
    Right Gatherer, and that's ok. All I wanted to do was to preview what my format would look like in final form, maybe make a couple of edits, without having to create a dummy, meaningless post that someone would have to reply to (course, I guess I could have put in the message "This is a test post, do not reply" or something to that effect). This way I can go back and make changes until it's finalized, which would only take a few minutes. If someone happens to see the changes during the process then no harm, no foul.
    e.g. maybe the avatar would be the wrong size, or I was not happy with the pic, I decide to change the font, color or size of the signature, etc.
    Basically, I just wanted a quick preview. Before discovering that I could do this, I was under the wrong impression that a new avatar or sig would only take affect on "new" posts or replies and would not affect those already done in the past, that those old ones would not change. This of course turns out not to be the case.
    Regards,
    mrlessk

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by mrlessk@8 December 2003 - 21:03
    I was under the wrong impression that a new avatar or sig would only take affect on "new" posts or replies and would not affect those already done in the past, that those old ones would not change. This of course turns out not to be the case.
    Regards,
    mrlessk
    That is the case on some Forum Boards but fortunatly 4 us not on Invision Boards