Thread: Error Message I Get When Re-booting

I keep getting this after a re-boot.

File name warning

There is a file or folder on your computer called "C:\Program" which could cause certain applications not to function correctly. Renaming it to "C:\Program1" would solve this problem.
    Would you like to rename it now?

The # changes to the next higher number each time I reboot. So far I have 4 or 5 of them and they are 0kb in size.

This just started about a week ago, I do not have any viruses or trojons that I am aware of. I update my AVG daily and scan daily. Same with spysweeper(not that I think that will help in this case).

I am running XP professional.

Thanks for any help/info.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    It's a combination of a fucked up hotfix and a new or altered program you've added. I got it with a program every time I started it, can't remember the exact one, but I think it was a media app. every time I started it, it tried to alter an IE6 reg setting and send to the web.

I fixed it by going through add remove and uninstalling things by date untill it cleared up.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    OK, thanks. I have a few things I added recently and will look into them.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    FST Retiree
    its a program thats writing that there......if i coudl only remember which one . if i can remember, ill let you know, or you can pm me a list of programs that you use and ill be able to pick it out of the list.

B)