Thread: Help!

Poster
    i'm running Win XP

i installed Call of Duty

tried running it, and it said that OpenGL couldn't be found. i read the FAQ's and it said this was because i can't have multiple monitors running, because i was using my TV as another monitor to watch a movie last night.

i stopped the second display (TV) but still got the same error. the i went to update my nVidia drivers (i have a GeForce4 440 Go) and DirectX 9b.

now i still can't play the game, and my resolution and color quality is all fucked. my monitor can usually handle 1600x1200 and 32 bit color, but now i can only have 32 bit colour if i go with 1024x768 or lower resolution.

also, scrolling in all my applications is choppy. it seems like anything video-related doesnt work properly.

im having a really shitty night. first i lost my hockey game, then my dishwasher got clogged up and started flooding the kitchen, now this.

please help an poor guy out. thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Sounds like a terrible night. Hope things get better for you

Try reinstalling the driver for your video card. If all else fails, then uninstall it and scan for all hardware changes. Let windows handle to install drivers for it.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    OMG OMG OMG&#33;

It works&#33;

for some reason, my video card was disabled (i didnt do it)

i just openned up device manager, enabled the card and bandabig badaboom everything works&#33; except for COD

but at least i can sleep easy tonite. sorry for taking your time

peace out B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@9 December 2003 - 00:14
    Sounds like a terrible night. Hope things get better for you

Try reinstalling the driver for your video card. If all else fails, then uninstall it and scan for all hardware changes. Let windows handle to install drivers for it.
    that idea might have worked for a desktop computer. too bad im on a laptop and i cant even see what my video card looks like. thanks for replying though

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    This is why i have Goback 3 Deluxe installed on my machine. i can just roll back my PC to a time when it was working fine.

But XP has a built in "System Restore" thats similar to Goback but not as good. try using your system restore and reverting back to a time before you had this problem

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I use a laptop as well i just did the same thing fixing someone else&#39;s laptop

I am glad it worked for you.

Just in case next time all you need to do is go to Device manager (windows key + break > Hardware > Device Manager)
    Then Display Adapters. That would have shown your card.

Have a goodnite sleep now you have too many things going at one time
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    thanks I.am, will do.