Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yay! My First Mirc Topic

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    after installing sp1a and changing my computer name, efnet banned me saying "banned clones not allowed on this server"

ok, i don't allow ident(tcp 113 is always blocked), i fill the ~!server.com stuff in manually. and i always use proxies.

what am i doing wrong? and what efnet person do i e-mail to get me unbanned?

obviously, i can't ask anyone on efnet, cuz i'm banned.

help

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I think you are a clone when you have 2 separate windows open within the same channel. I have done this and been banned before, but only until I reconnect. It seems some channels are strickter then others.

I did not know that I was cloning until they banned me So now I double check what channel a file is on before I instruct mirc to open in same channel or open in new channel.

I am not sure how you can get unbanned, but I believe the bans are usually for a limited time. Just try later and be carefull of rejoining the same channel with a new window.

EDIT: If you find a file you want through ircspy and you see that you are in that channel allready, then just click on the link to copy to your clipboard and hit cancel when the window asking you about how you want to join pops up. Then just paste the link into the window you allready have open in that channel.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Clones are usually given a 30 minute ban, dependent upon the channel rules.

Its unusual for a server to disallow any clones, they usually restrict the number to 5 or so.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    big thanks to tracydani and rat faced, i will carefully consider the advice you gave, and try to avoid getting banned again. i cannot remember opening two windows at once(even if i did, it was a server ban, not a channel ban, so i still can't understand the situation correctly) and the last time i tried to connect, i was still banned. i will try again, and if i can't resolve it, i will continue to use the shitty java client to connect to my favorite efnet channel. many thanks for the help guys.

i just wish i could find an "extra relaxed" server that would allow just about anything because as a noob, i find it troublesome to have to be so careful about every little thing you do, to keep from being kicked or banned.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Lord of the KLF
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@9 December 2003 - 17:52
    after installing sp1a and changing my computer name, efnet banned me saying "banned clones not allowed on this server"

ok, i don't allow ident, i fill the ~!server.com stuff in manually. and i always use proxies.

what am i doing wrong? and what efnet person do i e-mail to get me unbanned?

obviously, i can't ask anyone on efnet, cuz i'm banned.

help
    it cos u dont allow ident, alot of servers look it up on startup and also proxies on irc are not allowed on most servers (also scanned for on startup) efnet uses circd which does scan for these on startup by default

hope that helps a bit

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i think razz knows what i'm getting at. i do remember using anonymous proxies on all my favorite servers before, including efnet, and i was never banned for it. sometimes it would connect, sometimes it wouldn't. sometimes it would leak my ip, then i would trash that proxy.

ok so here is what i want to do.

somepeople have their settings so that when you /whois them, it doesn't bring back any useful information about them, also they use proxies. i have some friends on irc who do this. this is an actual copy of a whois i just did using gaim(irc):

NickRAEDO
    Username:[email protected]
    Realname:Using KVirc 3.0.0-beta3"CVS"
    Server:irc.freenode.net(http://freenode.net/)
    Currently on:#gentoo, #jabber, #kvirc
    Idle for:4 minutes.
    Online since: Sat Nov 22 19:48:12 2003

how did he do that? i have tried to do it many different ways, and usually, i end up being identified(it says nick!~mypartial_ip.myserver.com), being refused the connection, or whatever. but the thing is, i have seen people do it the correct way, using proxies. i just need to know what to put in the fields before i connect.

oh and any place where it asks for mail, i always put [email protected]

on last thing, there is a checkbox that says ident on "server" or "normal" you know the one. --what does that do? is there a centralized ident server for irc? because i always thought it was on your local gateway isp computer.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@11 December 2003 - 02:09
    NickRAEDO
    That's done with a custom vhost. When you purchase a bnc or a shell account, they let you choose what it says.
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Username: [email protected]
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ah.... we have a winner!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Lord of the KLF
    Originally posted by Jibbler+11 December 2003 - 11:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 11 December 2003 - 11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@11 December 2003 - 02:09
    NickRAEDO
    That&#39;s done with a custom vhost. When you purchase a bnc or a shell account, they let you choose what it says. [/b][/quote]
    you dont have to purchase a custom vhost alot of servers have options to set them, eg i change mine all the time on p2pchat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast