Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Predicament

old school
    Well a new CD I ordered ( yes paid for) came today and I just noticed this on the back of the case:

So since I own the CD, and I have already seen it available for download a week ago. I probably won't be sharing this album.
    Unless of course someone can change my mind

Besides all the albums from Springman Records are really cheap and they always send you an extra CD when you order anything (That album I am sharing) Honestly I like the label and I think iI will be ordering some more stuff from them. I really don't want to rip this label off.

Should I share this album and order a bunch of non CD merch to support them?
    Should I not share this album what-so-ever? (It is already being distributed)

sorry if this is a lame topic

2. Music   -   #2
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    dont share it cos you are on shitty 56k.

3. Music   -   #3
    old school
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@10 December 2003 - 06:43
    dont share it cos you are on shitty 56k.
    that wasn't an option

4. Music   -   #4
    If they're selling their cd's at a low price,and they're a small recordlabel,don't share it!And since it's allready being shared i don't see why you should ad yours as well.

A reason why I'm sharing/downloading cd's is because they're too damn expensive!
    Another reason is because i hardly ever want the full-album of a certain artist.

With sharing/downloading movies i have no problem what so ever.
    They make enough money with tickets-sale and dvd-sales/rents.

And if it's a movie/cd I really like or enjoy I will always buy them.
    It's always more nice to have the cover-art and other stuff you don't get when you dl it from a p2p.

I know there are peolple who find it stupid and dumb to still buy the stuff since you can get it all of a p2p...but they're stupid themself 'cause there are still things worth buying.(but I'm going slightly off-topic here )

5. Music   -   #5
    dont share it
    1)they are cheap
    2)they asked nicely
    3)they arent trying to sue p2p ppl

6. Music   -   #6
    muchspl2
    you guys are forgetting the the real musicians want there music out and listened to by as many people as they can, I myself have never even herd of them, but if it was available for download I might give them a shot, other wise I would never buy anything from them

another thing is do you really believe they (artist) put that on there I would be welling to be the distributer put that on there

7. Music   -   #7
    old school
    OK thanks guys I am keeping it on my hard drive for the soul purpose of backing it up and listening to.

It will not be shared by me

I am also buying quiet a few of their Cd's, directly from their site just for support.
    I have ordered from this label in the past and have yet to share an album by them so I agree that they deserve support.

Great stuff:
    Only $7.00

each of these comps are $2.00

thanks for the positive advise

8. Music   -   #8
    you guys are forgetting the the real musicians want there music out and listened to by as many people as they can
    yes and they also want ppl 2 buy it as well and its already shared anyways
    but if it was available for download I might give them a shot, other wise I would never buy anything from them
    its nice that you would buy something from them but there are ppl who never buy anything from them thus eventually after making little or no profit they would get dumped by the distributor and you might never hear about them again
    another thing is do you really believe they (artist) put that on there I would be welling to be the distributer put that on there
    true im positive that the distributor did put that on there but the distributors are the ones that publicize works so that we dont waste our time on crap so much because only those of talent get distributed thus you could say that distributors are filters in themselves

9. Music   -   #9
    old school
    Originally posted by muchspl2@10 December 2003 - 08:10
    they also put this letter in with the CD:

so they are run by kids....

10. Music   -   #10
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    I didnt share the "Life Is Killing Me" album the first 2 weeks [not that it mattered because 1000 others were sharing it anyway]

An albums gets in charts [means airplay etc etc] depending on how many albums they sold in the first two weeks. [?]
    At least, someone told me this once, I dont even know if its true [feel free to correct me], I dont know much about charts etc

I know it was a useless action, but hey, anything for the boys

The point being ... uhhh.... foolish loyalty i guess. Do what you feel is right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast