Thread: Unable To Download

scrapy1
    Ican get songs but when i click on them the files come up failed.What am i doing wrong. Need help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Are you sure you have enough space left on your hard drive?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    Try what Sparkle said if that doesnt work look in your shred folder for the files, they may be there. (I had this problem a while ago but the songs finished downloading then sayed failed, i then found the file fine in my shared folder)

Give it a go

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have found some more help in the FAQ :

All my downloads say 'Failed'

If the download says failed after it is finished, check the topic below called "After my download is completed the file still appears as a .dat file".

Also make sure that you have enough disk space to store your downloads.

Windows XP Service Pack 1 is also known to be a cause of a lot of problems. There is not much that can be done about this, except downgrading to Windows XP without SP1.

After my download is completed the file still appears as a .dat file

If you start a download, a .dat file (partial download) is created. It's important to notice, that the path to the current download folder is coded into the .dat file, together with other information like the filename. When the file is finished with downloading it will be renamed and put into the folder that is stored inside the .dat file. So it is important that that folder is present. If not, the file will stay a .dat file untill this 'old' folder is restored. Or worse, it might even get deleted (this happens when the 'old' and 'new' folders are on different partitions).

If you change the download folder or use a different setting after reinstallation you can still use the uncompleted .dat files. But after completion, the client tries to copy the final files to the original download folder. If this folder still exists, you may find the file there. If you have removed it, the .dat stays in your current download folder and cannot be copied. Do NOT rename it, because the download info is still attached to the end of the file. If you recreate the original folder, then the file will be copied to its final destiny.

If you can't remember your 'old' download folder, you can use the K-Dat or DatView tool to find it out.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    In future please read the F.A.Q's first.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Sounds like the files you have are corrupted.
    delete them and try again for better sources