Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corruption

Benno's Avatar Poster
    Is it possible to get corrupted files when downloading with mirc?

i downloaded a few albums and when I check them with the svf file I get a CRC missmatch on two songs. Does this mean that the bot is serving a corrupt file or did it get corrupted during download? I mean would it help if I redownload the same album?

thanks Benno

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yes it's possible. i dled the 60 min report for my speech, and the 1st time i tried, it was corrupt. had to dl again from another channel

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I have never gotten a currupt file from IRC but maybe that is just me what files were you downloading and from what channel so that i know

THX

WH1TE

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Music Album I got them from #MetalHeadz on Efnet

The tar files worked fine just when I checked the songs with the svf file I got a CRC missmatch wih 2 songs.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    oh come on, where are the IRC junkies on this board?
    just a short reply shouldnt be to much work

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    muchspl2
    yes its possible

<------------------------------------------ cut here -----------------------------------------&#62;

I wish they had par files, man I can&#39;t believe them, they&#39;re like magic, but you only see them on news gourps

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    corruption can happen in a few ways when you get disconnected while downloading it is corrupted when opening ar the bot has a currupted file just try somewhere else

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    ok thanks all

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Also keep in mind that if you do get a corrupt file, make sure you delete it from your download folder before you resume your download again or you will lose portions of that file if it is in rar format. If you are downloading a file from a certain bot and that bot decides to go offline and you only got half of that file, and u see another bot offering that same identical file...please again delete the prior file from your download folder or it will continue on that same file which corrupts it then. You also get files that are corrupt by packet loss. This can happen mostly with ppl on 56k or dsl and has known to affect cable users also. Just a little help.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    So if I have a partial file and want to resume it from a different bot than the originla one, it will get corrupted? even if it is the exact same file?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast