Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Of Us Soliders Shooting

gung ho stupid american solders

not a huge surprise
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Although I am an American, I do not approve of that. I&#39;m sure that takes place on both sides of the battlefield. Those that do wrong will have their day........
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Every army in the world commits "war crimes" in times of war.

Whether your the victor or the loser is immaterial...If the evidence comes to light, the perpetrators should be dealt with in the same way.

That, in my book, was murder...pure and simple.

The guys should be tried for it, and as it happened in Iraq, it should be dealt with under Iraqi Law.....wonder if they&#39;d be laughing then?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    This is terrible&#33;
    It shows that they are not much better than their enemies.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@12 December 2003 - 15:05
    Although I am an American, I do not approve of that.&nbsp; I&#39;m sure that takes place on both sides of the battlefield.&nbsp; Those that do wrong will have their day........
    IN COURT&#33;&#33;

but dumb are these guys? they know they are being videotaped, they know it&#39;s against the rules of engagement.

The guys was clearly down and unable to defend himself and the fuckng marines know it.

Still they killed him like some sort of "entertainment".

and the dude said it&#39;s was in the moment of head, that it was adrainline rush and teammates egged him on. That&#39;s all excuses, what bullshit.

that&#39;s unforgiveable.

A video camera is more powerful than a gun

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    What have we got here, a forum full of &#39;do gooders&#39;? the soldiers in Iraq are trained to kill, thats what they DO. they haven&#39;t got the same mental attitude as we have, we&#39;re not seeing mates and colleages killed before our eyes, it makes a big difference. do you think the Iraqi&#39;s don&#39;t enjoy killing the alliance soldiers and laughing and mutilating their bodies, think again. war is war and it&#39;s never &#39;nice&#39;
    Man U fer eva

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by billyfridge@13 December 2003 - 03:10
    What have we got here, a forum full of &#39;do gooders&#39;? the soldiers in Iraq are trained to kill, thats what they DO. they haven&#39;t got the same mental attitude as we have, we&#39;re not seeing mates and colleages killed before our eyes, it makes a big difference. do you think the Iraqi&#39;s don&#39;t enjoy killing the alliance soldiers and laughing and mutilating their bodies, think again. war is war and it&#39;s never &#39;nice&#39;
    and who are you to justify what they did? sure they are trained but that was unneccessary killing and that was against the rules of engagement, which clearly states to engage only if threatened. Those soldiers are hardly "threatened". They could&#39;ve taken him prisoner and as a POW but instead they decide to shoot him for a little fun.

totally unacceptable behaviour.

the way i see it it&#39;s murder not millitary service.

not honorable at all

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@12 December 2003 - 20:36

and who are you to justify what they did?
    And who are you to condemn them?

Silly way to begin a post there, James.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by clocker+13 December 2003 - 05:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 13 December 2003 - 05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@12 December 2003 - 20:36

and who are you to justify what they did?
    And who are you to condemn them?

Silly way to begin a post there, James. [/b][/quote]
    nobody will probably "condemn" them, if not, ever. I am not a judge in a millitary court handling this case. But if I get the chance to be one you bet ur ass I will take a hard look at the VIDEOTAPED evidence.

how many times have US soilders, commanders be wrongfully accused or escaped convictions due to lack of evidence?

A commander leading a group of marines protecting an US embassy has been ordered to evacuate all personnel, including the embassador, to safety. They are pinned down and forced to barricade themselves and waiting orders to engage. There are sniper fires coming from buildings, and there are angry mobs protesting us foreign policies. Situations are tense and suddenly there are enemy fire coming from the somewhere. The commander, peeked to see if the fire was coming from the mob, was shot in the shoulder. In a panic, without confirming where the shot came from, he radioed command center and reported enemy fire from the crowd and requested permission to engage. He shouted "waste the motherfuckers", the marines opened fire into the crowd, killing hundreds of innocent ppl.

Later, the commander was charged with war crime and important evidence, a video tape from the embassy has been taken away and now missing. Blah blah blah, in the end, the commander was proven not guilty and the CIA agent who took the videotape was found guilty concealing important evidence.

my point is, there are rules we live by, I dont care you are a civilian or a millitary personnel. You committ a crime and it&#39;s caught on videotape, it&#39;s going to stand up in a trial. In this case everything is caught on tape and there is really little ground to say otherwise. A crime is a crime i dont care how you justify it. U americans may feel protective about ur forces but when something like this happens, it&#39;s important to see the truth and not just defend ur american pride so blindly

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    I saw that movie too. It was a tense situation. THAT tape looked like the soldiers were out shooting bottles and cans on grandpa&#39;s farm.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast