Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Of Us Soliders Shooting

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It's war. What did you expect? Did you expect people to be treated fairly during war? It get's nasty you know.

That's why war should be avoided.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@15 December 2003 - 01:08
    It's war. What did you expect? Did you expect people to be treated fairly during war? It get's nasty you know.

That's why war should be avoided.
    maybe there should be a set of guidelines then, for war situations, to try and stop it from getting out of hand

possibly call it the Geneva Convention?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Has the US Army really reduced itself to the "everybody else is barbaric, so it&#39;s OK if we are as well" argument.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    Yeah, there&#39;s nothing like video to show exactly what happened in real time.

Only this video DOESN&#39;T show real time&#33;

Did anyone take a really good look at each and every detail from all perspectives before forming all these uninformed judgements? Apparently not because it was immediately obvious to me that there was no scope on the rifle. The soldier was spotting a moving target a some distance during a heated firefight.
    Could he be certain without any doubt what so ever, that this target posed NO threat to other forces in the area?
    Could he be certain beyond any doubt that there was no weapon within reach of the enemy soldier?
    Could you, without the aid of a 1000x telephoto lens and instant replay, be absolutely certain that it was OK to ignore this combatant in the heat of battle?

If your answer is yes, fuck off and stop wasting precious resources and other peoples time.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by balamm@15 December 2003 - 01:29
    heated firefight.
    heated firefight?
    how many iraqi&#39;s could you see in the film?
    how many shots were fired the entire length of the clip?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Poster
    I think you&#39;d better watch it again. Maybe without preconceptions this time. Do you not see tracers flying every where in the background? Maybe you&#39;d better increase your window and resolution size a bit

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by balamm@15 December 2003 - 01:37
    I think you&#39;d better watch it again. Maybe without preconceptions this time. Do you not see tracers flying every where in the background? Maybe you&#39;d better increase your window and resolution size a bit
    i can only "see" 3 bullets in the entire clip
    can you give a time code for these tracers?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    silly americans

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    I count 3 tracers as well.

Anyone listen to the commentary? "Wounded, another Iraqi writhes on the ground".

Did that guy look like a danger to you? He looked like a wounded Iraqi to me.

And the American forces went over there to liberate the Iraqi people (or look for WMD - I foget which now), so instead of blasting the shit out of anything that moves "just in case", shouldn&#39;t they be taking POWs like a "civilized" army?

Hey, there is so much infighting in Iraq, why don&#39;t we just nuke the whole country "just in case"? I mean hey, there is a good chance that one day an Iraqi kid could grow up and shoot an American soldier. You know, give it 20 or 30 years and who knows? I say waste the lot of them now just to be on the safe side.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    @lamsey

stfu u fucking dumbass, i agree, u have no fucking idea what u are tallking about

@all the stupid hippies and pussy brits

stfu, what u guys saw on the video was one incident,... do u even want to guess how many times that has happened with out the camera around??

THIS IS WAR,...

all the countries have gotten alot more civilized in there fighting techniques over the years, and what u saw on the video is nothing compared to what happened in vietnam or korea.
    so everyone just stfu and end all comments on this post, becuz it is just creating conflict at this board and i am also contributing to the conflict and i understand that, so i am going to stop typing right n.....

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast