Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Temp At 80c

Poster
    have you checked your temps in your bios? as speedfan is often innacuarte, ill post a shot of mine in a sec, hold up

Edit: Here It is: (Hmonitor gives the same temps as my bios), comps been on for a good few days also

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by bob_the_alien+12 December 2003 - 03:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob_the_alien @ 12 December 2003 - 03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KrackHead2k@11 December 2003 - 23:03
    Just wanted to know, to be safe. I heard it&#39;s dangerous cus of static electricity.
    It&#39;s a slight chance; I&#39;ve done it plenty of times on a carpeted floor, just touch metal first before touching anything inside the case, so you don&#39;t release any static electricity into the system.

And if the above was correct, deffinity kill your friend, anyone who would build a computer for you without a hsf, isn’t much of a friend.
    My system automatically shuts down at 80C.
    I&#39;m paranoid about system temps anyway, I&#39;m always monitoring them, If I ever seen my system at 80C, I think I&#39;d die of a heart attack.
    I start freakin&#39; out when it reaches 44C [/b][/quote]
    1: my pc shuts down at 65°c&#33;

2: ud better fuck ur friend up the ass, cuz anyone who builds a PC without an HSF is a true ass sucker who probly only built a PC back in the days of the pentium 1

so, you should buy two things

1: a new HSF
    2: a butcher&#39;s knife :angel2:

now go beat that SOB down&#33;&#33;&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Speedfan shows all the possible sensors connected to the chip(s) it detects. You can remove the ones you don&#39;t have by pressing that little button which says "Configure".
    You can even change the descriptions and the order of the fans/temps.

To find out which temp is which, make a note of the temps, then immediately reboot your machine and go into the bios. The temp won&#39;t have changed significantly. If you&#39;ve only got 2 temps shown in the bios, there&#39;s no way that speedfan can invent another, but the chip may be capable of handling 3 sensors so there is another nonsense reading - you simply have to turn it off.

The same thing applies to fan speeds and fan control.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Okay I called the dude that built my computer, and I do infact have a heatsink. But then why are my temps so damn high? I&#39;m at school right now, when I get home, I&#39;ll download Hardware Sensors Monitor and see what that says.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    how many case fans do you have? i have a volcano 12 hsf on mine, so ive got excellent cooling, you will probs got a stock heatsink/fan, you could try replacing that and it will reduce the temps

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Kunal@12 December 2003 - 11:47
    how many case fans do you have? i have a volcano 12 hsf on mine, so ive got excellent cooling, you will probs got a stock heatsink/fan, you could try replacing that and it will reduce the temps
    Although your suggestion will help Kunal, even a properly installed and functioning HSF should keep temps way below 80C.
    Something ain&#39;t right here.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    i think its reading a non-existant sensor, as it does on mine

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Kunal@12 December 2003 - 14:24
    i think its reading a non-existant sensor, as it does on mine
    yea. just like my cpu2 that stays at 63C 24/7

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    CrackHead

At 80C you probably have a hardware prob....

1. open your case then fire it up make sure all your fans are working

2. your pc is in a carpeted room (and I&#39;ll assume you spend little time under the hood) you probably have a serious dust population

a. if so get yourself a can of compressed air and if you have a small vac or one those hoses on the big one grab it....

b. shut it down, if you&#39;re worried &#39;bout static move to the kitchen (i&#39;ve allways worked on carpet, don&#39;t drag your feet just touch the case before you touch anything else)

c. get cleaning, be sure to keep air can upright (when it starts getting real cold stop and let it warm back up) Hold the vac near (try not to touch anything with it) to were you are cleaning it will grab most of the flying dust...

If you&#39;ve had this box awhile ( 6months+) you may need to pull your cpu fan off (dust can really pile up between your fan and heatsink) just loosen the screws and pull it off (you won&#39;t fry anything)

3. All your fans are working and dust free. close it back up fire it and check temps again (from windows then restart then check bios should be within a few degrees)

4. If your still cooking I can go on?

I didn&#39;t see any reference to what CPU and how many case fans... I&#39;m assuming you got AMD. If I&#39;m not mistakin a P4 would have been silicon puddle already...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I thought maybe 80C was a false censor, so I downloaded Hardware Sensors Monitor. Here is a screenshot:

In this case CPU2 is high, and WTF? CPU fan speed 0 RPM? Time I check this out...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast