Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: (not All) Americans Are Stupid

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Monkster@3 January 2004 - 02:36
    Secondly I&#39;d just like to say that not all of rest of the world are anti american I think that a few americans in here think that the rest of the world is out to get them.
    Americans are view down upon because of there ignorance (not necessarily stupidity) to the rest of the world, with there overwhelming false national "pride."

And US government is just a bunch of capatolists who rap them selves in the flag and god to appease the public and hide there true motives.

eg. the president new the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbour b4 it happened but let i happen anyway cuz they wanted an excuse to enter the war.
    while i agree with you on a lot of things u said, i dont think roosevelt let pearl harbor happen. if he knew it was going to happen he would have tried to get some of the ships out of the harbor... it totally paralyzed the US Pacific Fleet. But it would be stupid to change the topic- even as an american i find this topic funny but also frightening.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    17 of 20

3. Lounge   -   #73
    16 out of 20. me = very lazy american.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Poster
    Originally posted by mogadishu+3 January 2004 - 17:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mogadishu @ 3 January 2004 - 17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Monkster@3 January 2004 - 02:36
    Secondly I&#39;d just like to say that not all of rest of the world are anti american I think that a few americans in here think that the rest of the world is out to get them.
    Americans are view down upon because of there ignorance (not necessarily stupidity) to the rest of the world, with there overwhelming false national "pride."

And US government is just a bunch of capatolists who rap them selves in the flag and god to appease the public and hide there true motives.

eg. the president new the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbour b4 it happened but let i happen anyway cuz they wanted an excuse to enter the war.
    while i agree with you on a lot of things u said, i dont think roosevelt let pearl harbor happen. if he knew it was going to happen he would have tried to get some of the ships out of the harbor... it totally paralyzed the US Pacific Fleet. But it would be stupid to change the topic- even as an american i find this topic funny but also frightening. [/b][/quote]
    It is well thought that Roosevelt knew the Japenese were going to attack, he had Churchill banging on at him to join the war in Europe but had the problem of a domestic public bent on keeping out of another war in Europe and couldn&#39;t go against that. But if Japan attacked then he knew the American public would be falling over themselves to get back at them. As for the Pacific fleet being crippled, remember that the most important ships in the fleet, the carriers, happened to be out on excercise at the time of the attack.

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Lets not even mention the Lusitania while we&#39;re at it.... (I&#39;m a Brit as well)

If anything this quiz disproves the myth of the stereotypical American although some of the replies on this thread reinforce it&#33; Good laugh...well pleased with my 18&#33;

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678