Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Htf Do I Get My Attachment?

TheDave's Avatar n00b

in outlook not outlook express. it wont let me get my f'in attachment and i really need it . wtf do i do to get it?

and how do i set up my hotmail account on here? i dont know the properties (smtp and that) and it doesnt seem to do automatically.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it should be in the security options somewhere, "do not allow outlook to open attachments that could potentionally contain viruses, and unlclick it.

edit: hotmail is a http based mail service, outlook express 6 has the server name built in, but you should be able to get it fromt he hotmail site.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    wheres that?

it doesnt seem to be under tools>options>security

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it should be there somewhere, it might be called something else. or under a different section, thats whats its called in oe6 anyway.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Outlook blocks access to certain file type by default (mdb files included).

Use Outlook help and type in "Attachment file types blocked by outlook" (without the quotes). That will give you a summary of the problem.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to show the attachment. I've just had a look at the Help files, and it seems that .mdb is listed as a Level 1 attachment, meaning it is blocked automatically:

Quote from the help files:
    Attachment file types blocked by Outlook
    There are two levels of attachment security. Access to level 1 files is blocked and can't be changed. When you receive an attachment with a level 2 file type, you will be prompted to save the file to your hard disk. If you use Microsoft Exchange Server, your administrator can add and remove file types for both levels of e-mail security. If a file type is added to both levels, it will be treated as a level 1 file type.

By default, Microsoft Outlook blocks attachment files ( such as .bat, .exe, .vbs, and .js) that can contain viruses. You cannot see or access the attachment. Your Inbox will display the paperclip icon in the Attachment column to let you know that the message has an attachment, and you will see a list of the blocked attachment files in the InfoBar at the top of your message. 

7. Lounge   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i know it probably isnt his fault directly, but i hate bill gates that little bit more now

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yeah, I think it's really unfair that they won't let you open the attachment on your own computer. Important files could be blocked because of this.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Try searching google. There is probably some sort of reg hack to get around this.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@12 December 2003 - 16:59
    Yeah, I think it's really unfair that they won't let you open the attachment on your own computer. Important files could be blocked because of this.
    they are. thats my coursework

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast