Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wmd Reminder

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by j2k4@12 December 2003 - 12:21
    By whose standards illegal?
    ok, first of all, i agree that many of the dems you quoted are hypocrites for their double standard. That said, the war is still wrong. One can churn up anything and shape it to look like something dangerous, or, in this case, just lie. There are no WMDs and Bush knows it. The sad part is the American public will simply forget about it. Where is Osama? Where is Saddam? Where are WMD? These are all reasons for going to war. They are all boogymen and scare tactics to drag us into war, then once we control the country, they just slip away. Chimpy has not come up with one shred of evidence supporting his reasoning for war.

on whose standards illegal? --

i could walk into my neighbors house and shoot them and say it isnt illegal because they were posing a threat to me. But of course it is illegal because the majority believes this is wrong. Just like the UN. The US cant go into their neighbors house and shoot them, it&#39;s against the law.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Double Agent
    yeah but the problem is it&#39;s not that simple

the bureaucracy of the gov and the general propaganda from Bush and Powell just made it all worse.

the intel from the major agencies is just crap and provide no real evidence of wmd. all they had were some sate. photos of "possible" sites where they "think" had wmd

plus after 911 the general ignorance and hatred toward the middle eastern world just skyrocketed. A lot of americans dont understand why those islamic countries are weary and hostile of the west. The general american public feels alienated and confused about the situation, if that wasn&#39;t bad enough, and all these talks of going into war with Iraq. and a lot of them are really misguided and generally angry about something they dont understand. Some of them simply signed up national guard or joined the army with the intend to kill every iraqi they can find.

It&#39;s attitude like this that will get ppl killed.

all this fucking mess....

i think that&#39;s all i&#39;ll say. I dont want this to become another flame war. I&#39;ve had enough with wars

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BANNED
    The main intelligence would have come from the CIA. Their agenda is not necessarily the same as the US government. Governments come and go, the CIA is always there, like the civil service. They have a long term objective, and they are expected to be one jump ahead of everyone, all the time. They would have wanted Iraq taken out, for whatever reason, and it wouldn&#39;t have been hard for them to convince any government that they posed a threat, especially after 9&#092;11. (Or 11&#092;9, as it is in OZ)

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    j2k4 did you HAVE to use a quote from senator byrd to further your republican pool party? c&#39;mon, you don&#39;t wanna get ruffed up do ya? i heard ole&#39; clocker invested in some brass knuckles, MODS i smell a fight&#33; hehe

but seriously, leave byrd alone, he ain&#39;t half bad. here is a speech from march of this year by him called "arrogance of power" it&#39;s good stuff, and it&#39;s sad to see an old man care so much for his country, the country he grew up with, just crumble before his eyes.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Those Dems said some profound statements but Bush made the ultimate decision to go to war and for that HE is the ultimate idiot. If he finds WMDs (or manufactures them ) he comes off as the hero. Consequently, if WMDs are found at this point, it would look like a political stunt for the 2004 election. It sounds to me j2k4, that you are Republican (I could be wrong). I, for one, am Democrat, but not faithfully.

If a Democrat is elected as President next year, I will not blindly follow him if he&#39;s an obvious idiot.
    Bush just happens to be a Republican idiot.

Have a look see
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    One does not have to prove that an act is legal.

If it does not break Any law, then it is not illegal. By extension it is legal.

It is preposterous to ask someone to prove an act is legal. In any court I am aware of it is up to the prosecution to prove that the person is guilty of committing an offence.

Which bring me back to my original questions(s)

I ask a genuine question, which illegal bombing was this and what law / jurisdiction was it contrary to ?

If there was illegal bombing, why has no action been taken or has it ? Is some action proposed ?
    Remember, because you think something is wrong, does not make it illegal.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@13 December 2003 - 18:58
    now that&#39;s not very logical is it?

it&#39;s all up to the jury....

if they have any shred of sense of justice they wouldn&#39;t say what you just said.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+13 December 2003 - 20:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 13 December 2003 - 20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@13 December 2003 - 18:58
    now that&#39;s not very logical is it?

it&#39;s all up to the jury....

if they have any shred of sense of justice they wouldn&#39;t say what you just said. [/b][/quote]
    Which part is not very logical.

What makes you think justice has anything to do with law.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Double Agent
    and why not? a lot of trials have come out with the judgement of the jury and if all of them are biased then it&#39;s not a fair trial.

and why should it be "legal" if you think it&#39;s morally wrong? the difference between what&#39;s legal and what&#39;s right is really not a thin and straight line.

justice has everything to do with law.

Justice IS the law.

what makes U think justice has nothing to do with law?

i find that statement strange

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    The post was actually pretty simple. Both Republicans and Democrats were unified in the belief that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and posed a threat to the security of the United States.

This was not an invention of Bush and his cronies, but a common belief shared by both parties.

Now that the Iraq situation has not been glowingly successful and WMD have not been found, the Democrats are pointing fingers at the Republicans and using this situation as a political tool to gain leverage in the next election.

I am a Democrat, myself, and I appreciate the point he is making. J2 would this be a matter of "obfuscation" on the part of the Democrats?

I think J2&#39;s post is aimed at US citizens, attempting to point out the difference between a "political ploy" and a "political reality".

JBR:
    Some of them simply signed up national guard or joined the army with the intend to kill every iraqi they can find
    What sort of bitterness lies in your heart. Americans have no hatred toward Iraqis&#39;. From what data did you make this statement? To me this statement is a grossly offensive and unsupportable misrepresentation of American citizens. Yes, I saw the video-tape posted here, but I don&#39;t let outliers define the norm.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast