Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wmd Reminder

Poster
    If a man steals a loaf to feed his starving family, then he has committed an illegal act, he has broken the law.

However is what he has done morally wrong ?

The legal system deals with matters of fact, not matters of morality. It is up to the people who make the laws in the first place to deal with the morality and justice issues.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It comes down to the fact that BUSH made the decision so he responsible for the fumble
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Double Agent
    that statement in particular does not represent the feelings and opinions of the ENTIRE american population.

What sort of bitterness lies in your heart?
    What bitterness? It pains me to see so much hatred in ppl, easily seen in this forum and in ur delivery of ur language and ur statements. How can I not be bitter?

Americans have no hatred toward Iraqis'
    and from what data did you make this statement? this is simply not true for some Americans but not all of them.

To me this statement is a grossly offensive and unsupportable misrepresentation of American citizens
    like i said i am not commenting on all of the americans just reflecting those who feel angry about the islamic world.

Hobbes I guess we are back to squire one. Again u failed to see my point and ur tendency to protect ur american pride often clouds ur judgement and misintrepret the opinions of others.

I have nothing against americans I just dont approve the actions of ur government and the general hostilities and anger toward the Islamic world.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by J'Pol@13 December 2003 - 19:30
    If a man steals a loaf to feed his starving family, then he has committed an illegal act, he has broken the law.

The legal system deals with matters of fact, not matters of morality. It is up to the people who make the laws in the first place to deal with the morality and justice issues.
    again u contradict ur previous statement

yes the man broke the law, but in order to survive he has to steal food, thus he broke the law. He may not have done anything morally wrong but he broke the law.

A judge may show lenience in his/her judgement.

It is up to the people who make the laws in the first place to deal with the morality and justice issues.
    true, but are they right all the time? why do you think we have protests? sometimes a law may be favoriable to a group but at the expense of others.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@13 December 2003 - 19:38

I have nothing against americans I just dont approve the actions of ur government and the general hostilities and anger toward the Islamic world.
    1. You must understand that the reason America is this way is due to our non-involvement in the beginnings of WWII. We entered when it hit our home. Now we try to put out fires before we even see a match and alot of times we start the fire.

2. Well there is a pervasive cancer in the Islamic world. And it is extremely hard for some Americans to differentiate peaceful Muslims from the terrorist. An atrocity such as the one committed on 9/11 had never happened on our soil. The only other was committed by AN AMERICAN in Oklahoma.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    You made the assertion, you need to back it up. You claimed that "people", who are individuals, not governmental agencies, wanted to enlist and kill all the Iraqi's they could.

Since I have lived in America my entire life, I would imagine that I would have a better feel for what Americans are "like", than an outside observer.

I responded to your post because I felt strongly that your comments could not be left to stand uncontested.

So many people on the forum live outside the US and have a negative view of my country because of the actions of my government. I had to stand up as a citizen and tell the world that to characterize US citizens as "iraqi haters" is grossly misleading. It is like defining us, by the actions of the Klu Klux Klan.

It pains me to see so much hatred in ppl, easily seen in this forum and in ur delivery of ur language and ur statements. How can I not be bitter?
    Is that a general "ur" or a personal "ur". If I come across as one spreading hatred, I would like to know. It certainly is not my intention.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Double Agent
    hobbes i appreciate ur standing up for ur nation but what i stated is true for some americans and what their opinions and feelings are toward the middle eastern world.

i think it's great to have american point of view but it's even more important to see how others see US from the outside, and that's really what counts because what you may not aware of is strongly felt by others.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+13 December 2003 - 20:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 13 December 2003 - 20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@13 December 2003 - 19:30

again u contradict ur previous statement

yes the man broke the law, but in order to survive he has to steal food, thus he broke the law. He may not have done anything morally wrong but he broke the law.

A judge may show lenience in his/her judgement.

It is up to the people who make the laws in the first place to deal with the morality and justice issues.
    true, but are they right all the time? why do you think we have protests? sometimes a law may be favoriable to a group but at the expense of others. [/b][/quote]
    You make my point for me.

It doesn&#39;t matter whether the law is right or not, or just or not, or moral or not. It is simply the law. Whether it is "wrong" is a matter for subjective moral and ethical consideration. People will disagree with different issues, however the law, once made is there.

The original question I posed was, "what illegal bombing". I did not question whether it was just or morally defensible, simply what law had been broken and what illegal bombing had taken place.

So - once again, which law was broken.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Double Agent
    ok i see ur point

but i have to say any bombing on civilians is immoral and unethical

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@13 December 2003 - 21:09
    hobbes i appreciate ur standing up for ur nation but what i stated is true for some americans and what their opinions and feelings are toward the middle eastern world.

i think it&#39;s great to have american point of view but it&#39;s even more important to see how others see US from the outside, and that&#39;s really what counts because what you may not aware of is strongly felt by others.
    I come to this forum to appreciate the views of people from around the globe and being American I attempt to intervene when I think misleading information about the citizens is being desseminated.

So people are free to have their beliefs about Americans, but I would like to think they are founded solidly in reality.

You are right though, we do have groups here that hate just about everything and everyone.

This topic is no different from many others. People post on a variety of subjects and when one comes up that I have some knowledge about, I attempt to add my 2 cents and also correct things I perceive to be in error.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast