Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion...

Poster
    So what do you think of this configuration guys, do i need anything else?

NOTE THAT PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN DOLLARS

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    why have 3 writers? u have 2 cd-rw and on dvd writer, get rid of the 2 cd-rw's and replace it with a dvd-rom, also i would get a flat crt monitor(not a tft), if it isnt one.

edit: also if thats a throughbred amd cpu i woudl change it for a barton core one as it is alot easier to overclock, as the 2800 throughbred is as good as that core gets, where as the bartons only start at 2500, and easy to overclock if u wanted to.
    and also bigger cache

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Livy@12 December 2003 - 15:57
    why have 3 writers? u have 2 cd-rw and on dvd writer, get rid of the 2 cd-rw's and replace it with a dvd-rom, also i would get a flat crt monitor(not a tft), if it isnt one.
    i dunno why i cant remove the cd-r writers, and for the monitor i thought this one was flat screen...?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...36&sku=V18-1720

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah it is a flat crt, i was only saying if it wasnt, i would get one.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Livy@12 December 2003 - 15:57
    y get a dvd rom? he already has a dvd writer, that would do every thing.

i think clocker said this a while back, but try to get your ram speed to match those of your fbs. and if you want this to last a couple more years, upgrade to a 9600pro or more....but if you're like me and upgrade your vids card every 6 months or so, then that should be more hten enough

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+12 December 2003 - 16:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 @ 12 December 2003 - 16:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Livy@12 December 2003 - 15:57
    why have 3 writers? u have 2 cd-rw and on dvd writer, get rid of the 2 cd-rw&#39;s and replace it with a dvd-rom, also i would get a flat crt monitor(not a tft), if it isnt one.

i think clocker said this a while back, but try to get your ram speed to match those of your fbs. and if you want this to last a couple more years, upgrade to a 9600pro or more....but if you&#39;re like me and upgrade your vids card every 6 months or so, then that should be more hten enough [/b][/quote]
    because that would allow for disk to disk copys, from dvds and cds etc, rather than having to swap disks. and not using your writer for normal disk and putting extra wear on it. and a dvd rom is more versatile than a cd-rom, and theres no point in having both a dvdwriter and cd writer.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+12 December 2003 - 16:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 @ 12 December 2003 - 16:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Livy@12 December 2003 - 15:57
    why have 3 writers? u have 2 cd-rw and on dvd writer, get rid of the 2 cd-rw&#39;s and replace it with a dvd-rom, also i would get a flat crt monitor(not a tft), if it isnt one.

i think clocker said this a while back, but try to get your ram speed to match those of your fbs. and if you want this to last a couple more years, upgrade to a 9600pro or more....but if you&#39;re like me and upgrade your vids card every 6 months or so, then that should be more hten enough [/b][/quote]
    actually that Vid Card is a 9600 Pro, and i will get a 52x cd-rw for the sake of speed, a DVD to play movies and a DVD-RW to burn them, cuz i want to clone dvds i need a DVD and a DVD-RW

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    the difference between a 40x and a 52x is negligable, do the maths, its only 30 seconds difference for mking a 80min cd, so a seperate cd-rw isnt really needed.
    edit: i got a barton 2500(retail) and nforce 2 based mobo for £105 which is about &#036;240 cad

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    If your upgrading mobo and hd mate you could be better buying Serial(sata) mobo & harddrive instead.I dont think theres much price difference either mate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast