Thread: Why Won't Files Open?

I tried downloading some files but when I try to open them it says that I need to chose a program to use to watch them with. Which one should I use? They don't seem to work on Real Player. They are DAT files and have a picture of a piece of paper with the windows thing on it.
    Any help appreciated! Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    What sort of files should they be? If these are movies, and you are sure download is complete, then rename with correct file type (eg .avi) then play through Videolan or BS Player

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If your download are complete change the extension to avi or mp3 whatever you downloaded.then use the player like video lan, bs player........
    if you downloaded a mpeg file then v lan or windows media player is a good choice.and if you downloads are not complete wait for them to be completed.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    You may also need some codecs to make the file work once you have a media player.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Fayefel@13 December 2003 - 01:05
    I tried downloading some files but when I try to open them it says that I need to chose a program to use to watch them with. Which one should I use? They don't seem to work on Real Player. They are DAT files and have a picture of a piece of paper with the windows thing on it.
    Any help appreciated! Thanks!
    Can you put a screenshot ?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Originally posted by kalashnikov0_1@13 December 2003 - 23:06
    If your download are complete change the extension to avi or mp3 whatever you downloaded.then use the player like video lan, bs player........
    if you downloaded a mpeg file then v lan or windows media player is a good choice.and if you downloads are not complete wait for them to be completed.
    Isn't that what I had already said???

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I think what it was was that the files just hadn't finished downloading. Sorry about posting the message. I am new to Kazaa and thought it was the same as WinMX where it would say not finished or whatever it does after it so I thought I was unable to watch!
    Thanks for the replies though!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Old Fella
    No problems, and welcome to KL